• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vila
    Sergeant Major

• Oct 2006

Languages

Hi!

I am creating my home page and would like to have an option of choosing languages so that people can read information on my website in a different than English language.

Is such an option on BlueVoda available? if yes - where can I find it?

Thanks
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Languages

You would have to create duplicate pages for each language. Yes- BV supports many different lagnuages. Check out the link below on how to access them;

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• vila
      Sergeant Major

• Oct 2006

ok, it's good news. but how will I link them? I suppose I should type a proper URL. would it be for example www.vilahouse.com/index/english.html www.vilahouse.com/index/polish.html ?
      thanks.

Comment

• vila
        Sergeant Major

• Oct 2006

I have one more question. how can I add the option of choosing languages to my website? using buttons? or something different? I like flags, but didn't see anything like that.

Thanks

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

just creat links that say French German etc... and link them to these pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• RalMol
            Private

• May 2008

Hi!

I´m having trouble making identical pages in three languages. I have translated the navigation bar and put different names for them i.e. index.html and swedish_index.html. Now when I have published the swedish_index page ALL navigation bars are in swedish, even the one on the index page. How can I fix this, so the swedish navigation bar only is displayed when you click on pages that are linked to swedish_x?

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

You translate everything on the webpage that you want in a different language.

What you want to remain in english or in your prefered language do not translate them.

The troublesome thing here is every page at the end of every hyperlink
              on all pages must be translated to.

Try Google for "Language Pack" you can get language packs free but they are all in PHP.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X