inserting shapes on pages to publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inserting shapes on pages to publish

Can anyone tell me what might be happening here?

- I use the same style for all my pages, started with a black background, added a red image on top of that and then I add a shape (rectangle) and stretch it to the page (black) and then I add my white font on it ... so 4 layers if I can call it that ...
    All my pages start with this ...

My problem:

- When I changed one of my pages (already previously published) to have two rectangle shapes on it, and then published it, all of the other pages that had the one large rectangle, all the rectangles (inserted shapes) were all jagged along the corners, on everyone of my other pages ... the only way I corrected this was to go back into one of the pages that had jagged corners in the shape and republish that page, then all pages seemed to straighten out correctly, I did not have to republish all pages.

- I believe what I am seeing is when I publish the page that has the two inserted shapes, it jaggeds the edges of all the pages that have one inserted shape.

My Questions

Do you know what I mean? What might I be doing wrong?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: inserting shapes on pages to publish

PRADOSH, please stop trying to post Google ads!
    Brad Arnold.......
    www.baldwincomusic.com
    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
    !Free Search Engine Submission!
    Talking Avatar for your web site!
    Free sound editor
    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
      Can anyone tell me what might be happening here?

- I use the same style for all my pages, started with a black background, added a red image on top of that and then I add a shape (rectangle) and stretch it to the page (black) and then I add my white font on it ... so 4 layers if I can call it that ...
      All my pages start with this ...

My problem:

- When I changed one of my pages (already previously published) to have two rectangle shapes on it, and then published it, all of the other pages that had the one large rectangle, all the rectangles (inserted shapes) were all jagged along the corners, on everyone of my other pages ... the only way I corrected this was to go back into one of the pages that had jagged corners in the shape and republish that page, then all pages seemed to straighten out correctly, I did not have to republish all pages.

- I believe what I am seeing is when I publish the page that has the two inserted shapes, it jaggeds the edges of all the pages that have one inserted shape.

My Questions

Do you know what I mean? What might I be doing wrong?
      BV shows shapes as images. When you create a page, then save and publish it, then again Save As, and so on, sometimes there are conflicts with the naming (automatic) of these shape images. That's also the reason why ALL of your pages went bad at the same time, and why ALL of them got fixed together. They were ALL recalling the same image (for the shape)
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        BV shows shapes as images. When you create a page, then save and publish it, then again Save As, and so on, sometimes there are conflicts with the naming (automatic) of these shape images. That's also the reason why ALL of your pages went bad at the same time, and why ALL of them got fixed together. They were ALL recalling the same image (for the shape)
        well Naval now that makes perfectly good sense, and I think too what I had done was one shape was just rectangle and another round rectangle and where they were all the one shape going from one page to another that would be why.

It seemed to work when I went back and changed it from round to square, so I am going to assume that is what needs to be remembered. Also I am thinking, if I were to change the shape again on another page, I would need to completely delete the shape and reapply another shape making it it's own.... I think ...

Thanks so much!! And yes, that makes perfect sense.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, correct. delete the shape and recreate it. Save and publish.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X