Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Previewing in browser

Hi Richard,

I had the same problem as you are having now. Reinstalling Blue Voda works for me.

I see yours has not been resolved. Try Clicking on Tools and then goto Options. Click options and a window will open. Click on the Preview tab
    and check the "Use default browser" if you still have problem goback to preview and browse to your C:\Programs and select Internet Explorer.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Well said Z,

Richard do above in BlueVoda not in your browser.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Guys.. if you read the thread you will see that Richard tried all of that several times already a day ago.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I think I'm just a hopless case.

Comment

Ok, try this:

In BV, Options, Preview. Uncheck the "Use Default Browser" checkbox. The next field should become active. Now click on Browse, and browse your computer to find IE or FireFox (whatever you prefer). When you find it, click ok, then try to preview.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

At Last!!!! I have been cured; many thanks to eze-eze (should be made supreme commander) and all you guys who chipped in. I am very grateful

Richard

Comment

You are very welcome Richard.. Glad I was able to offer something.

Comment

Drum roll please.
                  and the the solution was?
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Probably IE7 was NOT setting itself as default browser, so BV had NO browser to preview in. By manually setting IE as the browser to preview in, the problem ws solved. I beleive.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think some of Richard's options were hijacked by a home page he had.. It must have changed some registry entries so that the Browse Button in his BV wouldn't work.. but he managed to do it manually. I think it's a bug with IE7 that lets a home page do this.. but it wasent a biggie.

Basically, even though he changed the default browser in IF7.. and even though he checked the use default browser in BV, BV still showed a home page address in the default browser.. and the browse button became dead.

He unchecked the use default browser and just inserted the Browser .exe file manually... He will be fixing the button issue when he runs a registry repair on his pc.

Comment

Very close NavalDesign.. It is ultimately another IE7.. just failed to sit as a default browser and let everone else know that it is now the default browser.

Comment

I don't think it is a IE7 issue. Other members have had this problem in the past, with other browsers. It a failure of windows (don't know the reason) to set a browser as default when particular conditions are encountered.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I see... I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it also has to do with using some other software or using certain websites that install or modify registry entries.. I didn't realize that other members had this problem.. I honestly thought it's a IE7 security bug.. but obvioulsy it's gotta be a windows thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X