website doesn`t appear fullscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website doesn`t appear fullscreen

with the right title will probably get more response haha!

dear Voda,

after succesfully publishing our bands new website I found out that though on old fasion monitors it appears just fine but on newer large tft screens it appears in the upper left corner with empty spaces on the left and bottom of the site (should ofcourse also be in fullscreen view).
    can you give me a solution for this?

thanks in advance

Re: website doesn`t appear fullscreen

What size page is your website?

Remember it will not appear the same on all computers - everyone has their resolution set differently. The 800 width will allow everyone to see it without scrolling. If you set the page to center - it will center in the screen. If you dont mind alienating a few, make the page approximately 1000 wide and only those with 800x600 will have to scroll left to right- but you'll have less space on the other people's screens.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

my own screen is set to 1024x768 and shows the site just fine,

I`ve already tried in page properties to adjust with page width an page hight but it doesn`t seem to have any effect, I did save and publish with new settings

Comment

sorry for posting twice

Comment

Can you post your website URL please.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Comment

You made your site to fit your particular screen resolution- and not everyone will have that resolution so they will show the site differently.

I suggest you center your page and it will appear better for some of the others - but you will have side-to-side scroll on people with 800 resolution - and up and down scroll for people like me with a higher resolution than you.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Try this.

Go to Control panel display setting and set your screen display to
                1152 x 864.

On your BV page right click and go to properties and reset your page width to 1000 and check the box which says "center in browser".

Finally unlock all your webpage design and move everything to the center of the page and relock all. Preview in the default browser and see whether your page is centered. If not adjust it again slightly until you are satisfied.

You may have some white background showing. Right click on the white background and go to properties, click on the background tab then fill the white areas with color or any background you like.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

best to have your website built for 600 x 800 res so as Bethers pointed out will not alienate some lower res screens

Comment

Working...
                  X