• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ngadze reginald
    Corporal

• Sep 2006

search button

Hello all : Can anyone help me create a search button that works.If the search button is clicked it will find the page or info within my site, that one is looking for please help.
  • Bruce Hewitt
    Major

• Jun 2006

Re: search button

Morning reginald
    Create a button by adding a shape (can also use an image or text)
    double click on it and link to the page you want shown.
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Any of the "foreign" Search utilities you may come across are in truth not "free" and may pose serious problems for you later on (search this forum to find descriptive threads on the subject).

The only real "Search" feature that is both practical and stable can be found within one of the commerce solutions (shopping carts, such as Cube, Zen, osCommerce, etc. all available in your cPanel at Fantastico!) or Soholaunch (the website builder with a commerce solution built-in).

You can always "mimic" Search by creating a detaied Site Map which would include text links to specific pages/destinations. Different from a ROR site map, this is truy a page with a diagram of your website, linked, and can include "bookmarks" to spcific areas on each indicated page.

I personally do not recommend the use of any so-called free search tool from Google, yahoo!, or other outside sources, but you are certainly free to do whatever pleases you!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ngadze reginald
        Corporal

• Sep 2006

Thanks Bruce , the thing is i have over a hundred pages can i still link all of them on the serach button.

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I use one of the "free" search buttons that Vasili doesn't like. I love it and find it better than the one that came with my old expensive cart. They give me statistics based on everything that is searched for, by the week and by the month. It allows me to do a lot of fine tuning.

You can find it a www.freefind.com

It's really easy to use and to integrate.

There are also paid ones that you need to put in through php programs which are good - I'm just always looking for the easy way! :)
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• asirimarco
            Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

I use freefind also - have had no problems with it and very easy to use and install ann
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
            X