Clear All

• Site Map

Is there a tutorial for constructing a site map in Blue Voda? Thank you

Marleen
    www.edgerydoo.com
    Marleen
    www.edgerydoo.com

Re: Site Map

Hi Marleen, if you click on the SEARCH text at the top of this screen and enter "sitemaps", you will have lots of interesting info to read.............

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Are you trying to do a site map for your customers or for Google, etc etc - lots of different site maps and ways to do them and purposes of them.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I had no idea that there were different types for different purposes. The article that you posted about how to make your site more SE friendly suggested a site map. My site is so specialized (small user group) that I didn't know if I should do one. Should I maybe wait until I know more about what I am doing? Thank you so much Beth for all of your great advise and I love your sites.
        Marleen
        www.edgerydoo.com

Comment

Marleen,

You will need to do some more work before you worry about a site map. The more pages you have, the more a site map is necessary. You don't have a lot of pages, but the se's are going to have trouble with what you do have as most have almost no text - and then what they do read is so much the same from one page to the next. For example - your page titles need to be distinct. Here's what Google sees:
          http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...dgerydoo%2ecom

You obviously want to optmize for crochet edging (I'm guessing) but I would think that isn't the only words/terms that you can get visitors from - so some of the titles need to be different. And then text on the page for the other phrases also will need to be used.

Your site is not as easy to navigate as I thought. You change the navigation buttons from page to page. And some have navigation buttons others don't have. You need consistency here. People need to be able easily to find the pages they need/want.

I'm not sure you need a "how to order" page but that's fine - but since you only have the one product - why doesn't EVERY page have an option to buy the product on it - why do people have to go look for it when they decide to buy?

Again - make this site so easy for your visitors to buy when they get the urge.

You almost have a product that could be sold in a one page website. I like your short, easy to read pages with different information - but use each of those pages to your advantage. Study the different words and phrases that might bring interested buyers to the site and optimize the different pages for them - and add that buy now button onto all those pages!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X