Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice

hello :)
    The purpose of my website is to rent the house for holidays. In section 'our offer' I'd like to add callendar of availability. This will hopefully change, when people book some of the rooms. Then I will have to mark on the calendar that a specific time is not available.

My question is - how can I do it? I don't want to take the whole page off each time I will have to make a change. I was thinking about adding a link to a word document on my PC or on the server, so that the only thing I will have to change is that document. but - how to do this? and maybe there is another way, easier and better to do that.

Any advice?

Vila

Re: need advice

Perhaps it would be easier to simply list the days/weeks that are taken- This will by default, answer their question as to if it is avaliable the days they need it.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

yes, but I still need to do changes - so - this doesn't solve my problem. Is it possible to link word document (or another e.g. exell) from my computer to my page which is creating via BV? or can I put this document on the server so that people can download it or just open to see what is available? do you understand what I mean? not sure if I express myslef clearly enough.

Vila

Comment

Any time there is a change you will have to add/subtract it on the website unless you get a script that does it real time and only you can make changes. (Much more diffuclut)

I suggest that you put together a web page that is printer friendly- and list the times that the place is avaliable for rent - i.e. May thru August and then below that list the dates that are taken. In this manner- each time some one rents a block of time you simply need to pull up the webpage-ad to the list the dates taken and then hit publish. Done.

Additionally- if they want to print it to take and discuss with their significant other, they can simply print it from the browser.

I would not recommend a word doc or pdf file. Reason is that you will now have to update two documents- the web page and the word/pdf doc.

Cheers,
        Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

There are scripts on the net that do excactly this: people make a reservation, and the table is automatically updated and displayed again.

Just make a net search.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

great!! Thank you... :):):):):):) I will try to find it :):)

Vila

Comment

Working...
            X