• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balu_who_else
    Private

• Nov 2006

About the navbar<something does not work>

Hai, I am new, and I would like to see the wide acclaimed support of vodatalk.
    I have no site yet, but a question.
    Or rather, a doubt.
    In the navbar properties, I wanted to change the way my icon look. I want to have a pre made voda button.
    But As in the tutorial, I could not see any other button following "Style", other than the default one.
    Why is this? I have downloaded blue voda twice, still do not seem to get it.
    Please tell me if any more info is needed.
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: About the navbar&lt;something does not work&gt;

Originally posted by balu_who_else
    Hai, I am new, and I would like to see the wide acclaimed support of vodatalk.
    I have no site yet, but a question.
    Or rather, a doubt.
    In the navbar properties, I wanted to change the way my icon look. I want to have a pre made voda button.
    But As in the tutorial, I could not see any other button following "Style", other than the default one.
    Why is this? I have downloaded blue voda twice, still do not seem to get it.
    Please tell me if any more info is needed.

Follow these instructions if you would like to have a custom nav bar..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• balu_who_else
      Private

• Nov 2006

Yeah, I would love a custom made nav bar.
      Only thing is that the whole thing doesnt work. It is not possible to browse for pre made buttons. the only stuff present in the dropdown menu next to "Style" is the default blue voda one and a blank one.
      :(

Comment

• philipc9635
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hey Balu

Have you got the latest version of Blue Voda 8 and have you signed up for an account with Voda Host. I'm not sure but I think if you sign up for an account you get access to more Nav Bar Styles???? Vodahost may correct me on this one. Either way you'll need an account before you publish.

Looking forward to seeing your website
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
          Major

• Jul 2006

Hi! I'm not real sure I counted exactly correct, but I get 432 navbars
          in 'properties, style'.
          Brad Arnold.......
          www.baldwincomusic.com
          www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
          !Free Search Engine Submission!
          Talking Avatar for your web site!
          Free sound editor
          Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

• philipc9635
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hey Brad

Your dedicated and I'm too lazy to count that high (he, he)
            Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
              Major

• Jul 2006

I might have to recount them to get it right!
              Brad Arnold.......
              www.baldwincomusic.com
              www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
              !Free Search Engine Submission!
              Talking Avatar for your web site!
              Free sound editor
              Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

• balu_who_else
                Private

• Nov 2006

You dont need an account!
                The first time I had blue voda, It was workin. My computer got formatted, and I downloaded it , but now, Its not workin?
                Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Comment

• balu_who_else
                  Private

• Nov 2006

Any posts? Any ideas yet? Anything? Please tell.

Comment

• navaldesign
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Running the BV setup should have installed in your computer a folder, with all BV premade buttons. If they are not there, it could mean two possible reasons:
                    1. BV fails to browse this directory and retreive the button images, although they are in the folder.
                    2. The images simply are not there, for some reason.

So, browse your computer: look at (usually) C:\programs\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar. If the images are there, then it's BV that fails. Uninstall everything related to BV and reinstall.

If the images are not there, we can email you a zip with the images, and then you can place them in the folder. A re-install, could, also in this case, solve the problem.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Robert
                      First Lieutenant

• May 2005

I am no expert, but due to COUNTLESS settings I have made to my Windows XP to protect it's integrity as well as give me more control over how files that come from external sources: cd-roms, internet, removable hard drives, etc..., I have to be careful of how I actually do something like installing or moving files.

Little issues like these are no longer issues to me...they are now habit. Here are some things I personally have to remember when working with zipped applications: (the missing bars thing happened with me too)

make a copy of your BlueVoda FoldersONLY THE ONES LISTED UNDER "My Documents", do not copy the BlueVoda Folders listed in C:\Program Files

--When I downloaded BlueVoda as a zipped file to my desktop, there are already two things I have to do before I extract the files:
                      Right-click>Properties

1. Uncheck the checkbox labeled, "Read-Only"(this may not be checked for some people)it is for me due to settings I've made for my Desktop Folder.

2. A caption in the middle says,"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"...this is why dialogs usually ask people if they are sure they want to run app or setup.
                      ---I click the button "Unblock", then I extract the zipped file to a folder where I keep all my "setup.exe" (or similar) installation apps..where they REMAIN STILL...
                      ---Next, may only pertain to me.....otherwise execute the setup.exe for bluevoda and let it install to the default locations it selects, MAKE NOTE.

Ok, now that the setup.exe is ready to be executed to install BlueVoda, I check Properties again(right-click) and uncheck "File is ready to be archived"
                      -----Don't ask me why my XP's NTFS File system like to play games with me with this one lil option but it drives me nuts.

Well, this is what I do everytime I install an app. that was downloaded to my desktop as a zip file. To possibly help you figure out why your missing your bars......
                      See if you have TWO BlueVoda Folders:

C:\Program Files\BlueVoda\navbar
                      C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar
                      -----top one is ver. 8.0.0.0
                      -----bottom is ver. 8.0.1.0(if this isn't the most current, I'm gonna be ashamed of myself)

I just found out like 20 mins ago why, when i publish, its pulling my page from a ~Docume\LOCAL~\.....WHATEVER temp folder to the web.. because my navbars "styles" being used for my page were being pulled from the old versions navbar folder(which are all NTFS files now) and not the new version's folder because the old version was never overwritten due to the different folder names.
                      ---What was the reasoning behind this? Strategic? or.... =) heehee

But for some reason the new versions of bluevoda with its own folder with all the navbars, is pulling the navbars from the navbar folder of the old bluevoda...and since you said you reformatted your computer and reinstalled, your bluevoda is pulling from an empty file.....but can't say for sure.

But this is what's happening with me.....as i am typing this now.
                      Robert
                      www.GraphXntrix.com
                      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
                      X