• Show
Clear All

• How to add a Word document in BV

How to Add A word Document to the bluevoda web builder

Re: How to Redirect & Cloak a a url

how to add a word document to the text area

Comment

Re: How to add a Word document in BV

Upload the WORD document in your site, then create a link in one of your pages. It can be a text or image or button link. The URL to the Word document should be: http://www.yoursite.com/worddocumentfilename.doc

To copy text in a text area, simply highlight the text from the Word document, copy it, then click in the textarea in BV and paste the text.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Navaldesign, I've been unable to add a pdf file to my website (www.mkmatters.com/migration_getinvolved.html). I read many of your replies to other BV users who are having difficulty adding Word docs and pdfs to their webpages. Like you suggested to them, I uploaded my pdf file (manual.pdf) to my ftp manager and also to my public_html folder using cPanel X upload feature. I then hyperlinked text on my page to http://www.mkmatters.com/manual.pdf

Unfortunately, when I view my page online and click on the hyperlinked text (Training manual), I get the following error message:

The requested URL /manual.pdf was not found on this server.
        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

First - the first link you give above doesn't work.

I went to the home page and can't find a page with a link to the pdf file. No, the link you provided above doesn't work.

In fact, most of your links aren't working. Make sure you are putting the link exactly as you named it - if there are any letters capitalized - there can't be any spaces - are there any __ or - in what you saved?
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

As Bethers says, in 99% of non working link cases, the problem is a spelling one.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Bethers,

Thanks for responding so quickly. There was an error on my last posting. The link is:

In my previous post, somehow it linked to: www.mkmatters.com/migration_getinvolved.html)

You wrote also that the links on my homepage are also not working. I'm aware of that. I have yet to publish most of my pages. I'm reworking things and before I post every page, I'd like to figure out how to upload pdf files to my pages.

So, I'm still having the same problem. My pdf file is named: manual.pdf

The link I created is: http://www.mkmatters.com/manual.pdf

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X