• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theodore
    Sergeant

• Sep 2006

e-newspaper Help

Hi,

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread so if not feel free to move it.

I willing to build a site (using BV) e-newspaper.
    Something like Joomla but without the members to post or to modify or to comment, just read the news that i will feed.

I want also to build it in BV and not to install a CMS.

What is the best way to proceed???

Regards
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: e-newspaper Help

Hi,

There’s these ones in your c panel for content management.
    Drupal Geeklog Joomla Mambo Open Source PHP-Nuke phpWCMS phpWebSite Post-Nuke Siteframe TYPO3 Xoops

But I think a lot depends on how many articles you may end up with & if you are writing them yourself or plan to publish for other writers. If its only going to be under a hundred, then it could be done with BV. But if you are planning many more I would use a specific bit of software for this. I have heard Word press mentioned for doing this type of thing, but haven’t delved into this side of things as yet.
    If you are using BV & publishing for others, you may be able to set up 2-3 templates & set up an email form (Form Maker Pro maybe) on your site for others to send you their articles & you can just cut & paste the details into your templates, then publish & add a link on some sort of index page. But if you do go this way & end up with a lot of articles, it may become a little more complicated to manage. I was even looking at adapting a links director software to do this, as its set up to do just this type of thing. But instead of linking to links & banners, just have an article in its place. A links directory is from free to about $100 & an articles/news type software starts a lot higher prices than this.
    It would be really nice if someone developed some indexing software for BV that would work just like Vodasearch, (http://www.vodahost.com/vodasearch/) but ended up at a BV page or article that you had made. This way you could categories & see how many articles there was in a particular section just like the link above.
    But as an idea! You could have 1 page with a large dropdown menu or an index & place all you news items in an iframe underneath, bit like one I was playing with http://www.collectors-info.com/news_...main_page.html Only the links in the Featured articles area of the page is working.

Hope you find something.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X