Changing initial homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing initial homepage

When I go to my website I see an index of all the pages I have published. I want another page to be my home page though. How do I change it?
    Client ID is 7678

Re: Changing initial homepage

You are seeing that index because you didn't name your home page correctly when you published it. It has to be named

index

exactly as typed here - no other words, letters, no caps.

So, go to your home page - click to "save as" and save it as index - then publish again.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

How do I go to my homepage? Is it going to be on the computer or do I have to change it by logging in to my control panel through my master username and password.
      ID 7678

Comment

Where do I find my homepage do Ihave to go to my master username online or is it on my own computer?
        client id 7678

Comment

where and how did you build your home page? If you built in in Blue Voda - open the page in Blue Voda - and follow the directions I gave you above. If you didn't build in Blue Voda, then you must know where you built - and go back to the page just like if you were going to make changes to it.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

You can also find help videos at http://www.vodahost.com/tut1.htm
            The following link demonstrates what Bethers has stated in an above post.
            Link:http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/saving-naming-previewing-publishing/66-how-do-i-name-my-pages.html

Regards

Teri

Comment

Working...
            X