Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nav buttons any way to change size

Originally posted by LadyEye
    Ann ... If the nav bar is the last item you inserted on the page, it will be the last item up .... most pages loaded okay for me, but i think you are going to achieve even greater results doing what you are doing .....
    Live and learn!! I didnt know that!! lol

Teri

Comment

so the fact that the nav buttons and the title and h1 are all in the same iframe and that is the last thing I add to the page, they will always come up last - okay - guess in future when i make a new page the iframe will go on first - still working on the pictures though
      ann
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

You could take the h1 header and place it in the page html- that way, it will come up first. Page properties>Page HTML and then click on the "Begining of Body" tab. Paste your code there.

Then save-close and publish. Now look at your source code. It is at the begining.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by asirimarco
          so the fact that the nav buttons and the title and h1 are all in the same iframe and that is the last thing I add to the page, they will always come up last - okay - guess in future when i make a new page the iframe will go on first - still working on the pictures though
          ann
          This may be a better way for people to understand how this works...

With BlueVoda, we can layer(overlap) objects, images, shapes,etc...
          ---If you carefully examine the HTML code for your finished page, you will notice that each element you used for your page....ex: text box, shape, image... has a refference to the "z-index" 0=the BACK, 1,2,3,4, and so on to the FRONT.

When a page is loaded into a visitor's browser, it loads "bottom - up", meaning page background(and page settings), then layer in front of background, then next layer from the previous, and so on.

--The way that I have accustomed myself to design my pages comfortably without having to remember what went where, is to:

1. Place all your elements any way you wish, to your hearts content.
          2. With all your elements in place, decide which ones to want to load first..
          ---select the object, right-click, and choose "Move to Back"
          *if you are using a template or image as a background or header...follow those steps first to ensure they are at the very back. What I do is Send my background image to the back, lock it, then go select the next object and simply hit the "-" minus sign until it disappears and bring it back up by hitting the "+" plus sign once. And so on....

=)

----so if you wanted your menu or your iframe to show quicker..have them closer to the back... also, the file size of these elements play a part in how fast they load too.

Interesting note, I have been trying to learn more about how some of these factors(z index, etc...) are applied effectively .... for specific types of visitors:

What if they didn't have a mouse? When the TAB key starts to get a workout, what sequence of elements do I want the selection to follow. Make sense?
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

I'm not going to argue about using iframes but NO text specific to any page should be in an iframe - you should have a different h1 for every page - never repeat the same one on any pages.

You can paste the h1 codes at beginning of body like Andy stated. Just always check the pages that they appear exactly how you want them.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth - oops! - well more changes in store with the headlines - tomorrow is another day
              Robert will have to study on what you had to say - i think i am getting in over my head here if the z index is 23 - that means it loads last????
              ann
              Ann
              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
              X