This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Complete! (help w/borders)

Hello, I would like everyone to check out my site http://www.loveitshop.com. I thank everyone for helping me out so far. This is my first website and I tried to find a thread that explained image buttons. I have linked all the photos to their correct url, and they don't link or do anything for that matter! Also, I was looking for a way to border my forms and tables to make them fancier. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks!

Re: Almost Complete! (help w/borders)

Check that you have linked your images correcting. Double click your image, and click the tab marked link. Make sure the link is set to http, and type in the full name of your page including the http://

As for tables, right click on the table, and select properties for the whole table, or cell properties for one cell.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

You can give border information to tables - or you can use the shapes icon in BV and put a border around anything you want.

Also, when doing as Trish says above with the images - fill out the alt info - that is used so that there will be words show on the screen when you mouse over the picture. You should put in a short description of what the picture is (using keywords is good).
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you both!!! I will try your suggestions!!!

Comment

Ok, I double checked and all my links are right, I am not sure what the alt info is but I would think its the first click on the image?! Also, what is the shape icon? These forms don't have the border in their properties like the tables do, right? Well I will check back ( I am celebrating my b-day so I made myself step away from the computer!!!). Thank You I will check back!!

Comment

the shape icon is the one 4th from left top row that looks like a gray square with a white circle in front. you can use it to make borders - place it over the image - go to the shapes properties and check transparent then check enable border and determine the size of the border - i use 5 then the color - then size it to fit your image thats it. happy birthday
            when you make a link using an image make sure the link points to the correct page - http://www.loveitshop.com/beautypackageselections.html this would be the link for beauty package - the same as the text link -
            when you go to properties for the image the "alt text" is right below the file information on the first tab - the link info is on the second tab
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Yeah! I figured out the borders!! Thank You! Still working on the image buttons. How do you guarantee the fonts will be the same when people are using different computers? My friend said something about banners? I couldn't find anything in the tutiorals. What am I missing?!

Comment

I don't know what I am doing wrong on the image buttons, so here it goes...
                1st I select the image button option
                2nd I select the picture
                3rd I double click(or go thru properties) and name the picture
                4th I go to the world looking icon for hyperlink and write in the exact same url as the text below it...

Comment

Ok I finally figured it out!!! Just use the regular image, not the image button... got it!

Comment

Working...
                  X