• Show
Clear All
  • sheila@aplusbeautybuys.co
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I Need Advice

Sheila Ray at www.shekinahglorykennels.com
    sheilarr@bellsouth.net

1. I have many webpages that are great and look just like I made them. However, lately, the fonts are smaller and the spaces between items are huge - they don't look anything like the format I see before I preview them or publish them. Any ideas? I have already cleaned my cache. Thanks!
    Sheila
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Published site form not the same as coded

Please provide speceific examples, including links to the problematic pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

http://www.shekinahglorykennels.com/ (index.html page) Fonts looks smaller and the icons at the bottom are too far from last paragraph.

I can't remove the large spaces near the bottom. Pay Pal icon can't go any closer unless I put it on top of the text on my Blue Voda work page. Fonts are much smaller as well. I have this on a lot of recent pages.
      Sheila

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by sheila@aplusbeautybuys.co
        http://www.shekinahglorykennels.com/ (index.html page) Fonts looks smaller and the icons at the bottom are too far from last paragraph.

Hi Sheila

You have used times new roman size 16 font on this page, it doesn't appear small looking to me. The icons at the bottom are too far from the last paragraph because you have not closed your text box properly. You have that much space within the text box and this is causing the space. Go into your page again and backspace away that extra space at the bottom of your paragraph. You will see where when you click on your paragraph, you will notice blue handles surrounding your text, you will make the adjustment there.

I can't remove the large spaces near the bottom. Pay Pal icon can't go any closer unless I put it on top of the text on my Blue Voda work page. Fonts are much smaller as well. I have this on a lot of recent pages.
        The link you have provided for this page, wholesaleinfo is not working, so cannot check that for you ....

I notice you have alot of sideway scrolling on your pages. It is best if the pages are set to '800 width, you do this by right clicking on your page and selecting properties, that is where you set that. Be sure to then tick center in browser. Keep all text and images within this page size and check it before you republish, and lock everything ... this will then get rid of the sideways scrolling and will be good for everyones viewing and resolution. You can select a background color which will fill in around the size of the pages for people viewing in a larger resolution.

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Thank you! I have been guessing at the width hoping I was getting it right. I didn't know how to set it at 800. I'm not sure I "set" it, but I did it on the Home page.

If I understand you correctly, there shouldn't be spaces at the bottom after my text. There aren't any on the Home page, but the spaces are still there. I also don't see the extra spaces on the html mode. Please try to tell me again, as the Home page still is not right.

The other link is just the home page and then click on the wholesale page (the bottom of the menu bar). I'll try to correct the other pages now.

I appreciate the help!
          Sheila

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hi Sheila

If you set it to 800 in your page properties then you have set it correctly, remember to tick the 'center in browser' .... and of course, before you republish check it all again ...

I do see the extra lines of space with your text.

Try this

Open up the page in your blue voda we builder, click anywhere within the paragraph of text you have written, now look for the blue or black handles that appear all around your text, will be a large box as you have a large box of text, around the bottom you will see that your handles are not lined up underneath your last line of text, this means your text box is not closed properly, sometimes the space is caused as the text box is closed too tightly at the end of some words within the paragraph, attempt to line this all up .... what you want is for the handles of your text to be underneath your last line of text ..... hope you understand me, lol

Click this tutorial and you will see better what I mean ... perhaps you are adding extra space by aligning by center, left or right ..... here is the tutorial http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...r-webpage.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I'll try this later. I'm still not sure. I've never seen what you are talking about.

Also, when I do click "center in browser", it makes it go all the way to the wrong side. If I leave it unchecked and go to my webpage after publishing, it looks right on my computer. Would you mind checking on yours? www.shekinahglorykennels.com. I have corrected some of the first few pages without the center being clicked.

Thanks!
              Sheila

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

I'll try this later. I'm still not sure. I've never seen what you are talking about.

Also, when I do click "center in browser", it makes it go all the way to the wrong side. If I leave it unchecked and go to my webpage after publishing, it looks right on my computer. Would you mind checking on yours? www.shekinahglorykennels.com. I have corrected some of the first few pages without the center being clicked.

Thanks!
                I checked your main page (index) and all goes off to the right for me, the left is just your background, and lots of scrolling ... I am viewing in 1024 resolution ... adjustments needed ... sorry

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Re: I Need Advice

Please check it again. I changed all of them to 800 resolution. It looks fine on my computer and on another laptop. Maybe you checked before it had a chance to change in the system from Blue Voda.
                  Sheila

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Much better ... yes, must have checked before the change ... there are still a few that have a bit of sideway scrolling, you are doing a good job changing them over .. I realize it is alot of work, you are doing great, just refine a little here and there when you have time ... good job!!

It appears to look like you still have that spacing problem on your index page ... have you checked that text part yet? Just open the page in your web builder and left click with your mouse anywhere on that text and you will see the outlines surrounding it and it appears as though you have extra space within the frame of the text at the bottom, you need to backspace that space out of there, just like you would in a word document .... then your graphics will come up closer to where you want ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Thanks! Yes, I still have plenty to still correct.

I understand about the text problem, however, when I left click, I can see that I have already backspaced all the way to the end of the text document. There aren't any extra spaces and yet it is stil being weird!

I also still have several pages where the text is showing up much smaller than the way I have created it. Any idea on that at all?

Thanks again!
                      Sheila

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Thanks! Yes, I still have plenty to still correct.

I understand about the text problem, however, when I left click, I can see that I have already backspaced all the way to the end of the text document. There aren't any extra spaces and yet it is stil being weird!

I also still have several pages where the text is showing up much smaller than the way I have created it. Any idea on that at all?

Thanks again!

When you click on it are your seeing the frame of the text box immediately underneath of the text? Try pulling the right side of the text frame out to the right a bit, there may be a word overlapping somewhere there.

The other thing is perhaps there is a text box with nothing in it trapped inside of this, take your cursor and left click everywhere in that area, there has to be something there .... it can be hidden ...

The only other thing I could suggest is completely removing it and reinserting it in again, in a new text box, see if this fixes the problem...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I still didn't find anything, so I just took out that text box and made three small ones. I still have the same problem. It appears that because the font is showing up smaller on the preview, that that could be the cause of the problem. It even causes the spaces between the paragraphs to be too large. Any other suggestions?
                          Sheila

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

we are still talking about your index page right"?

Your font is large enough on that page ...

I think it must have to do with the html boxes you have in place for the images there ... perhaps you need to resize those ... if they are not placed correctly this may be the problem ... move those around and see ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Hi. I am having some huge gaps on a web page that is just text. When I look at it from my end, it is fine. When I view it on the website after publishing, the gaps between three of the paragraphs are so large I have to tell everyone to scroll down. If I pull it up, it overlaps the other text. Any suggestions? It is also still showing up as smaller text than how it originally typed.
                              Sheila

Comment

Working...
                              X