X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I lock the width of my page??

How do you lock page properties??
    From Sister Earth @ sisterearthstore.com
    I initially made my pages to wide, so I moved things around so I now have a longer more narrow page so folks won't have to scroll to the side.Then I went in & set my page properties to the desired width and saved it but it keeps changing on me, back to a super wide page.
    I watched the tutorial agian but it didn't show a way to lock the page width. How do I stop it from chenging back??

Thanks SE

Re: How do I lock the width of my page??

I just looked at your home page and you didn't move anything around to get it narrower on what I can see. I have to scroll left to right and my resolution is set at 1280!

The width will stretch to fit in your items.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I dont think there is a way you can "lock" the widths. Like Beth said the width will strech to fit your items. Also, if you move a picture around, the width will move with it thinking that is where you want it to be. Just before you re-publish your page check that it hasnt moved.
      Teri

Comment

Like Beth says, you really haven't changed your pages, all your images and text are still wider than the '800 width, and like Beth says she is viewing in 1280 and is still scrolling.

After you have done all this, reducing your pages, you can lock everything using your top toolbar in your voda web builder, use the edit tab and you will see Lock All there ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re:More troubles W/ not seeing pages

Yes Folks,
          I know my page was still at wide, I'd not been able to get it to see my new pages when you checked it. Now I can see my re-published index but not my new pages. It sounds like I need to make my backgrounds smaller to get my page properties to stop jumping around.

I don't know why it wasn't showing my recently published page yet. Any idea why?
          I put the non-cach code in my tag & that helped with the index but I can't see any of my newly published pages when I chek them online I get "page not found", I've yet to check through the controll pannel.
          I dubble checked the address: http://www.sisterearthstore.com/ethnic_markets

I've tried one with out the underscore : http://www.sisterearthstore.com/herbsholiday
          but I can't see that one either.

Thanks for the help SE

Comment

Re: More troubles W/ not seeing pages

Originally posted by sisterearth
            Yes Folks,
            I know my page was still at wide, I'd not been able to get it to see my new pages when you checked it. Now I can see my re-published index but not my new pages. It sounds like I need to make my backgrounds smaller to get my page properties to stop jumping around.

I don't know why it wasn't showing my recently published page yet. Any idea why?
            I put the non-cach code in my tag & that helped with the index but I can't see any of my newly published pages when I chek them online I get "page not found", I've yet to check through the controll pannel.
            I dubble checked the address: http://www.sisterearthstore.com/ethnic_markets

I've tried one with out the underscore : http://www.sisterearthstore.com/herbsholiday
            but I can't see that one either.

Thanks for the help SE

Your pages are there .... you need to add .html when checking the link (not when you publish) but when writing or typing or viewing the link, .html needs to be at the end ..... so this means, when you add a link to your nav bar or anything you have to add it as http://www.sisterearthstore.com/herbsholiday.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If you applied the background through your page properties, it will adjust itself accordingly .... I believe you need to pull all of your images, text and everything over to the left of your page, and go no further than '800 on the right of the page, tick center in browser and this will solve your page sizing problem ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: You rock!! thanks a bunch!!

I know its a simple fix but it would have taken me a long time to figure it out all by my self. You rock!! thanks a bunch!! SE

Comment

Working...
                X