Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Excel Files To My Web Site

Id 11585

How Do I Move Excel Files To My Web Site?

Re: Moving Excel Files To My Web Site

Hi, you can try saving your XL file as a web page then upload that file via FTP. If it’s a simple XL file it will be fine, but I had problems with things like images that were on the file.
    To show the file, I personally found it easier to put the file in an iframe on the page & make the iframe the file link, it then gives you the rest of the page to place menus & alike.

Good luck.
    PS. This is assuming you want the file to be seen?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank You For Your Reply - As A Humble Private Do I Salute Or Just Bow Low? I Do Not Know How To Upload A File By Ftp But I Guess I Should Put That Into The Search Area. My Xl Files Consist Mainly Of Statistics That I Have Collected On Lawn Bowls. Incidentally Does A Way Exist To Print Out A Copy Of A Reply Such As Yours? I Do Not Know Whether I Should Click Quote Message In Reply But I Will Do So And Hope That I Will Not Blow Up Something! No I Have Just Tried To Click In The Box And Find That I Cannot. Thanks Again

Comment

Originally posted by bill morton
        Thank You For Your Reply - As A Humble Private Do I Salute Or Just Bow Low? I Do Not Know How To Upload A File By Ftp But I Guess I Should Put That Into The Search Area. My Xl Files Consist Mainly Of Statistics That I Have Collected On Lawn Bowls. Incidentally Does A Way Exist To Print Out A Copy Of A Reply Such As Yours? I Do Not Know Whether I Should Click Quote Message In Reply But I Will Do So And Hope That I Will Not Blow Up Something! No I Have Just Tried To Click In The Box And Find That I Cannot. Thanks Again

You can click "Quote" in the message and the post will be quoted in your reply. You can print right from your own computer by going to file, and then print. Alternatively you could copy and paste the message that you want only onto a word document and print it from there.

You can check all your posts by clicking your own user name and viewing your posts from there, I left you a message in regards to this in one of your other posts, it appears as though you found it though.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by bill morton
          Hi,
          Depends on what version of XL you have, but try this.
          1. Open you’re XL doc.
          2. Click on file, then click on web page view. (This will let you see what you will get on your web page)
          3. If you are happy. Click file & save as web page. (Save it to?? (my documents)
          4. Open BV click on tools & open FTP manager
          5. Click on connect (assuming you have the right sign in details?)
          6. Find your XL doc in the left hand column, left click & hold down wile dragging to the right Colum., release. (window should pop up saying its transferring)
          NOTE: (Be careful you don’t drop it into a folder)
          7. You should be able to link to the page from BV. IE www.yoursite.com/xlfile.html
          Check that it did save as .html file as it maybe htm, so change the link accordingly

Good luck

Chris.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X