• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artistmanager
    Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Need help sizing video

Can anyone tell me, when you add video in Blue Voda, how do you make it size to the size of the file without just dragging and guessing? When you add video, it brings up just a small square box, and you have to just guess. Anyone have any tips?
    Bill
  • artistmanager
    Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Re: Need help sizing video

I am having the same problem by the way when inserting a flash file. When I add flash, then double click and choose the file, it is not the right size, even if I choose exact fit. Am I missing something that I can enter the exact deminsions of a flash or movie file???

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

I believe you are doing this the only way there is, in a way this is a good feature, it allows you to adjust to the size that you prefer, not one that is preset and you had to stick with. I know of no other way that what you refer to ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• artistmanager
        Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Thanks Lady Eye, like you said that's good and bad. Since I am trying to insert flash buttons that will be used on all pages and no exact sizes to go by, every page the buttons I created in Macromedia Flash will shift a bit on every page. Maybe they will fix that in a later revision. Thanks for your help.
        Bill

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by artistmanager
          Thanks Lady Eye, like you said that's good and bad. Since I am trying to insert flash buttons that will be used on all pages and no exact sizes to go by, every page the buttons I created in Macromedia Flash will shift a bit on every page. Maybe they will fix that in a later revision. Thanks for your help.
          Bill
          You make a very good point Bill, why not submit your suggestion under "Wish List" at the top of the forum!!

yw

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• artistmanager
            Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Will do...I wasn't sure where to go for stuff like that. I just signed up with Voda Host this weekend.
            Bill

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Will do...I wasn't sure where to go for stuff like that. I just signed up with Voda Host this weekend.
              Bill
              Good for you, you've found the "ultimate" in web hosting ... there are plenty of sub sections in the forum for posting and searching for a particular question you may be asking, browse around. And don't forget to introduce yourself in the lounge, you will get plenty of warm welcomes here .... and there is lots of fun in the lounge, no webby related issues in there though!!

Welcome!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Try "locking" your elements before saving each page. Remember that most non-HTML elements present according to the script within them, and are not bound by box outlines.....

To end your Flash re-positioning, consider using an iFrame to *******te across all pages exactly, since it is published on a single page effectually.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• artistmanager
                  Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Thanks for the welcome and your help LadyEye. Vasili, thanks for the info...what is an iFrame?
                  Bill

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

yw Bill and that's great news for you from Vasili ... he will get you all straightened out there!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Thanks for the welcome and your help LadyEye. Vasili, thanks for the info...what is an iFrame?
                      Bill
                      iFrame="In-Line Frame", an object that will *******te with exact positioning on all pages it is inserted onto each of the elements that was originally loaded into the iFrame.

It is basically a functional object that works like a "transparency" that lays over each page to present images like Menu buttons, pictures like Headers, Videos, or even Flash elements, without typical "loading" as in truth, the iFrame is "published" on a separate page and presents independently as any script might.

This is why I suggested using it for your Flash (even if it is on one page only). There is nothing preventing you from using this technique for a single page as you might for a hundred.....it will cut back on load, and be consistently positioned precisely. (The "lock elements" in BV works too, but isn't quite as nifty: since Flash is not indexed for relevancy or as accepted as non-Flash construct by the SE's, it falls quite nicely into the aspect that anything in an iFrame is also isolated from SEO. Placing your Flash in an iFrame thus allows you to isolate any adverse SE reaction and effect precise presentation at the same time).

There IS a method to my madness after all......

For more on iFrames, find the best thread from General Naval here, but definitely run through the tutorials a few times to put the pieces together.

You should be an expert in a Flash!
                      LOL

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

PS: I take it by your "Profile" info, you mean Mobile, Alabama and Hollywood, Florida??
                        When in Hollywood, I simply MUST spend my evening hours at OPA!, my favorite place to party!
                        Have you heard they were building one in Vegas too?? Down the street from the MGM I think I remember seeing it....

Comment

• artistmanager
                          Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Thank you so much Vasili. Actually, I have offices in Mobile, AL and Hollywood, CA. I will have to check out OPA next time I get to Hollywood, FL .
                          Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X