Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move

Hello!

I'm sure this question has been asked 100 times before but I cant find the answer in the forum.
    I have to move my website from one PC to another. Does this work? If yes, how?

Thanks and have a nice day
    Monica
    animal-bag.com
    PURA VIDA!

Monica

http://www.nirvanacabinas.com
    http://www.monibettina.ag.vu

Re: Move

Do you mean duplicating your Blue Voda folders and files so you can work from either system?

1. If so, first download BV onto your new computer.

2. Then (this is the easiest method) copy your entire Blue Voda Folder (found in My Documents) onto either a stick memory or a CD that has enough space, and COPY FOLDER to your new computer.

3. When you have successfully copied the entire folder over to the new computer, open it up and copy each file into the default Blue Voda folder created when you downloaded BV.

4. You will need to open each page in BV and "re-publish" them for the images to "stick" to your new system: they will appear with red X's in them until your BV processes the associations for them during the publishing sequences.

If this process is too much for your stick memory or your CD, you can always use the FTP tool IN BV to connect with your account, where you can individually COPY TO each file directly into the proper folders/areas of your Blue Voda folder....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Move

Please note that following Vasili's suggestion (which is correct) you can copy from the CD or memory stick directly in the BV folder in the new computer. No need to copy somewhere else and then move. And, you can copy all the files together. Also, you will only need to open the pages and reestablish the images path, only when you will need to edit a page. The ones already published are already on your site, so there is no problem with them.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X