• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leebring
    First Lieutenant

• Sep 2006

should I still advertise

Hi,
    I will be needing a new shopping cart, so no one will be able to purchase from my site until I install a new one. So my question is. Is it still a good idea to market my site for the exposure even though no one can purchase anything.
    Or should I just redirect my url to something like this "Sorry Site Is Down For Maintance" Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
    David H
    Have Fun, Be Safe :
    Self Defense Products
    Hidden Cameras
  • nlnieu16
    Major

• Jul 2006

Re: should I still advertise

Well just from a marketing point of view. If you walk in a street and see new store coming soon, you walk by everyday so it doesnot matter that you dont know when it will open. Online it is diff. you don't walk by everyday. So if you know when to open put in online, perhaps even with a form so you can send an mail to interested consumers when it will open with an introduction and a reminder function, even an opening disc perhaps ?
    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Actually, people do not "trust" online stores that they believe to be new. So doing that or having a grand opening sale, is not smart - unless you're an established b&m that people already know about.

I wouldn't market the store, but definitely have it online and keep building it. Not many people are going to find it until you start putting the url out there. But the se's will see it and start spidering it - and hopefully as you keep building, they'll see the changes and give you more credence. Time on line is a factor with them. Neither people nor se's like "under construction" signs. But you can, rather quickly, have some good, relevant, keyword rich text on the site. And you can, if you like, say that your online shopping "area" is being redesigned and will be back soon - or something like that -
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• nlnieu16
        Major

• Jul 2006

Well it also depends on what you are selling probably a niche and then it doesnot really mather at all !
        www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
        www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

Working...
        X