• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woody21
    Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Bethers Can You Help Me?

Hi Bethers,

After reading through many of these threads you seem to be the girl in the know when it comes to BV, you have some very nice looking sites.

I have looking for some answears by posting a couple of threads two with different titles, hope this is ok, but people don't seem to be able to help me and I was hoping you could or if you know anyone here in vodaland who could.

My problem is I want to set up a personalised home page for my mum. The initial page is
    1) http://www.personalisedhomepages.com/mumspage.html nothing flash I know, but I would like the search results to appear on this page 2) http://www.personalisedhomepages.com...e/RESULTS.html

Now, that bit I can do, I have all the right code to make it work. However when the search results are displayed the simple get displayed on top of my footer and pictures on page 2. You can see what I meen if you use the search bar on page 2. I would like my footer and bottom two pictures to move down so they are allways at the bottom of the page creating a kind of frame around the search results.

Do you Know any way of doing this?
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Bethers Can You Help Me?

The mum page, the results are in a new window.

I'm not quite sure why you want a google search bar on these pages - but placing the results in a specific part of the page isn't something I know quite how to do.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• woody21
      Sergeant

• Dec 2006

hi bethers thanks for the response,

I want to use a google search bar to display thier ads for search results like Adsense,

my problem is the height of the page depends on the amount of results that are displayed, this I cant set. So I would like the graphics at the bottom of my page to move further down depending on the amount of results, at the moment if there are too many results they overlap with the graphics at the bottom of my page. If I set the graphics as backgroubd then they keep repeating all the way down the page so that wont work either.
      Another example would be if I used my page to display a news thread that was generated by some one else I would want the height of the page to change according to the amount of content displayed and my graphics to appear at the bottom.

Thank you for time and any thoughts you may have.

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Why not set the bottom of the page to be what would be the longest possible page? Yes, that means sometimes there would be some blank space, but you'd totally get rid of the overlap.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X