Fast uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast uploading

Every time I make a small change in a page, and upload it, all the images are uploded again, although they are already on the server. How can I prevent that? There has to be a way to upload without images, isn't there?

Re: Fast uploading

Yes, although it is not so direct: before publishing again, double click on the image, and, in the image path, type http://www.yourdomain.com/imagename.jpg . This way, the image will be retreived directly from the location on your site whwre it had been saved before. Disadvantage: you cannot see your images in preview if you are offline.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for that, but I can't do that with the menu bars.

What about the ftp manager. I tried draging and droping, but when I do it with a .bvp file, it looks as if it uploads, but I don't see it anywhere.

Comment

Why should you upload a .bvp file ? you need it converted in html, which can only be done by publishing, not by uploading the original .bvp file.

As for the menu images: use the trick in Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP to use a single menu page, that will be called by all your pages.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK, so what do I do with the bvp files, if I want to upload them using an ftp program like bvftp? Renaming probebly wouldn't do the trick, right?

Comment

I must say that i don't understand what you are talking about. I repeat: why should you upload the .bvp files ? they can only be opened by BV, not by any browser. Are you trying to use BlueVoda on some NON Vodahost site ? This is why you are talking about uploading?

If you are a VH customer, you simply need to use the Publish command of BV and your pages will be automatically published, no need to upload any .bvp files.

And yes, if you are NOT a VH customer, this is a definately illegal operation that you are trying to do. And of course VH has made it a bit hard to use their software illegaly
            Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry for being unclear.

I thought that in order to upload the html code, without the image files all over again every time, I should upload the file itself with the bvftp.

I understand now that I was very wrong. (because it's a bvp file, not html).

So I guess the only way to speed up the uploading process is to type the whole url of the image instead of the path to the file.

But - wouldn't it slow down the page loading time? If not - then I'll do it, but if it will slow down the page loading, I will have to settle with the slow uploading. It's not that bad after all...

Comment

No, it will not slow down the page loading. However, i beleive that since normally pages get updated once or twice a month it would not be a problem in any case to use the normal procedure.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Actually I upload pages many times a day. I guess I should be using the "preview" more.

Thanks for all your help.

Now somthing else...

I hope you don't mind. I've posted a question about the advanced form script, but no one is responding to it yet, so Here it is:

I've followed all the instructions for setting up the advanced from, but I get an error message when I try to submit one:

Warning: file_get_contents(config_form.html.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bsspytdy/public_html/abvfp.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bsspytdy/public_html/abvfp.php:33) in /home/bsspytdy/public_html/abvfp.php on line 278

I delted all the files and started all over again, this time using smartftp (that's what the bv support suggested). Same results.

Thanks.

Rotem.

Comment

There has been an update today, regarding ABVFP. Indeed, there was a conflict in the script, if the form page was .php. If you have downloaded the zip BEFORE 12/20/2006 you need to download again the BVFORMS.zip and upload on your site the new versions of the abvfp.php and ndadmin1.php files.

However, this is not the problem in your case. Your problem is that you have named the hidden field in your form (ndpage) as "form.html" whilst, as per tutorial, it should be "form" and only that. Edit this, save and publish again the form page.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X