Side Scroll Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Scroll Issues

I'm having an issue getting rid of the side scroll on one of my pages. I have been able to adjust the page properties or images on every other page to get rid of the side scroll excet this one. The page properties are set up the same as the other pages but the scroll is still there. What am I doing/not doing. I have tried everything that I can think of so now I'm asking for help.

BTW if you want to look it is the "About Us" page on my site below.
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Re: Side Scroll Issues

I have the same side scroll on all your pages as I do on the About Us page. However, because you have made the text areas not as wide in the other pages, you have taken away the need for it. Whereas in the about us page - you have the text block going outside the area (which the header does on all pages - explaining why they all still have the side scroll).
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
      I have the same side scroll on all your pages as I do on the About Us page. However, because you have made the text areas not as wide in the other pages, you have taken away the need for it. Whereas in the about us page - you have the text block going outside the area (which the header does on all pages - explaining why they all still have the side scroll).
      Well I guess my computer is set up differently because I only see the side scroll on the "about us" page.

However, I think I may have found the problem. I was going over my About Us page and noticed some gramatical errors. So, I went and changed them and republished the page. However, the changes are not going into affect. So for some reason on this particular page regardless of the changes I make in BV they are not making there way to the web. any idea what that might be.
      www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Ok I have no idea what I just did but my gramatical changes went through and I no longer see the side scroll on my screen???? Who knows.

How bad of a side scroll are you seeing? When I did see a side scroll it would barley scroll over at all.
        www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Your problem is that you have a header 991 px wide. If a visitor has a 1024 x 768 monitor, there should be no scrolling unless one has a side bar open (Like favourites). However, as soon as a side bar is opened, most probably there will be side scrolling.

As for the corrections that didn't have effect immediately: the effects are immediate. It is your browser cacheing that prevents you from seeing the changes immediately.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Your problem is that you have a header 991 px wide. If a visitor has a 1024 x 768 monitor, there should be no scrolling unless one has a side bar open (Like favourites). However, as soon as a side bar is opened, most probably there will be side scrolling.

As for the corrections that didn't have effect immediately: the effects are immediate. It is your browser cacheing that prevents you from seeing the changes immediately.
            Thanks for the info.
            www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

And the reason I said there was side scrolling on all pages - is I was looking at it as though it was being seen on an 800 width resolution.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi BLK,

You might like to click on the link below, hope it will help.
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

< I am soooooo glad you are back up to old tricks, m'Lady! >
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Lincslady
                    Hi BLK,

You might like to click on the link below, hope it will help.
                    Thanks for the link I will give that a try when I get home!
                    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Working...
                    X