Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mixed bag of Questions :)

Hi all!

My site is flabfallsoff.com – a diet and weight-loss site, and hosted through Vodahost J

I hope this is the right forum for this mixed bag of questions – it’s all the stuff I’ve been trying to figure out over the last few days!! I’ve got splinters in my fingers trying to understand it all!! Lol.

Anyway, before I start, I wanted to ask if anyone else has had problems trying to understand how to become a merchant/publisher with ClickBank? I have found their website to be really difficult to get clarity on, though I must admit that my emails to the support desk were promptly and enthusiastically handled. Any feedback on others’ experiences with ClickBank?

My website is more complex than the ‘usual’ because I am trying to sell an eBook. Otherwise I would probably have published my site already J

Oooookay… here are my questions:

1) I’m trying to upload my PDF file to my ClickBank Thank-You page, so that users can download it. I followed the instructions in the BlueFTP tutorial, but it failed to Connect (I put in the FTP admin username and password from the Login information email I got from Voda support - I got a 530 Login authentication failure notice)

Also, why do I see different IP and FTP addresses? In my Login information email, it says the above is a certain number etc, but when I try to connect in FTP uploading, it says the server IP address is different? Or is this because the two IP’s are different? Sorry, I am lost! L

2) A related question (talking about uploading PDF’s etc) is over what the download instructions etc look like on the Thank you page – should one create a button for people to click on to download? Better than “click here” I guess? I know this is real basic stuff but I have to ask it! ;)

3) I’ve been checking my site regularly in Preview, which is great coz it gives you an idea of how things look (however, a strange quirk is that things don’t always look on the site as they look on the page) But when I finally get to Publish it, does this mean it is now ‘live’? I ask this because I can't be live till all my linkups to Clickbank are sorted out and everything’s ready to go. So I guess my question is, how does one juggle all the balls so that none of them drop? If I publish and Clickbank haven’t yet okayed my payment links, for eg, does this mean that people might find the site and try to buy things that they then won't be able to?

4) I want to put an email address on the thank you page so hyperlinked it, with the full http etc URL, then support.html. Correct? So this is now successfully hyperlinked but if someone clicks on it, where does it go to? Do I direct it somehow to my own email box or keep it in an email ‘receptacle’ on the site itself? (late flash: I see that there are POP and SMTP names, linked to my site name, but how does this all work?)

5) Where do I find out what my Thank you page’s URL is? I know I created it as a separate page but where is the URL?

6) In a direct response website, you generally ‘sign’ your name at the end. But how does one get hold of this artwork? Who does this? A Google search just calls up digital signatures, not what I’m looking for! Lol.

Sorry these questions are so basic but I’m a site building newbie and still learning!! Lol.

Oh, just a comment. I have found BCL Technologies to be great for creating PDF’s – easy, simple interface and not expensive. Adobe on the other hand was a very difficult site to understand and navigate and probably real expensive too! (I say “probably” because I couldn’t even find a price list, it was so difficult to get clarity on!) Anyone else with comments re Adobe?
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: A mixed bag of Questions :)

1- Download the latest version of Blue Voda here and it will have the correct IP address for your server.

2-If you are selling the E-book then you would have to set up a venue to click here to purchase. If it is via pay-pal, then after they pay for it they would be directed to a download page you create.

3-Lots of things won't work in preview and it is necessary to check it "live" as you say. You can do this with out a problem. Simply publish an index page that states "Site Under Construction". Then publish your other pages and test them.

4-You will have to create a mailto link. In the hyper link box click on the mailto instead of http

5-The URL is the name of your domain +.com+ pages you create
    So- if you named your thank you page- thankyou then your URL would be:
    http://www.yourdomain.com/thankyou.html

6-This requires a php script. It is called a login script. Do a google search for login in scripts.

I suggest that you watch the video tutorials as they will answer most of this questions and many more.

Cheers-

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey Andy,

tks mucho! Appreciate it.

Just had a question about the answer to #1 - as I downloaded it I saw that this was the BlueVoda Website builder. I only downloaded the site builder the other day, so why would it now have the correct IP address? Also, I suspected that if i installed the new builder, perhaps it would overwrite my previous one, and lose my work? Couldnt risk that, ey? So be4 I do that I thought I'd ask you :)

Tks

Will

Comment

You will not lose any work by downloading the newest version - it's how updates to versions are added.

And, yes, you may need to download again to get the latest ip addresses.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi again Andy & Bethers,

tks for both your help... I did download the latest version but that still didnt help...it was only when i went to my Login Information email and got THAT IP address (which was hidden at the bottom of the drop down menu) that it worked... Tks again tho :)

Comment

Working...
          X