viewing on different computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewing on different computer?

hi! hope this is the correct forum. my domain name is www.salondecaro.com. client # 11961- after publishing a simple one page temp. site while I design a permanent one I happened to be at a friends house and looked it up on thier computer for feedback. on my computer everything looked ok and in proportion in bv. and fit on my 17in monitor without scrolling and the same when published . when I looked on thier 17inch the site was huge, having to scroll both horizontal & vertical quite a bit to view the whole page. we both could not figure out why. at home browsing from my normal home page gave me the whole thing at another location it could not be viewed in it's entirerty. why is this and have I did something wrong? any clues??? thank you

Re: viewing on different computer?

Hi, looks fine on my screen. The page needs to be centred, but I have no sideways scroll.
    It maybe that your friends screen resolution may be set completely different to yours. I usually have mine set on 1024x768
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Screen size has nothing to do with how it will appear - but the resolution does. If you want all your pages to be able to be seen on all computers without side scroll, you need to keep your page width at 800.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

thank you both. blue

Comment

Some additional observations:

1 too much white space on the top
          2 the copy on the left is very difficult to read
          3 you have a section of blue text underlined. that is usually an indication of a link

of course, these are only my opinions

keep on working, you are doing a fine job.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

>> Heads up: resolution has a lot to do with it, and whether or not you have a wide-screen format!

Additionally, if you are connecting via wireless or PC Broadband, the site may or may not distort also (colors, shape, "ghosting," etc.).

Resetting a widescreen to 1024x768 does NOT work well whatsoever, as it throws the whole unit off instantly (you can see this in the mis-shapen icons on your desktop and online --- focus on circles, squares, etc).

I personally have not found the remedy....I can build and publish perfectly, but my online view is off.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X