Power Point Presentation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Point Presentation ?

How do I set up and link to a Power Point Presentaion on BV?
    I would like people to be able to see the presentation and then come back to my index "Sawgrassvillage.net" page when they close it.

Thanks
    Nora

Re: Power Point Presentation ?

Originally posted by nora
    How do I set up and link to a Power Point Presentaion on BV?
    I would like people to be able to see the presentation and then come back to my index "Sawgrassvillage.net" page when they close it.

Thanks
    Nora

After you have made your power point presentation, save it as "web page" then open your blue voda page builder, go to your top toolbar and choose, insert, advanced, embedded OLE Object, note now to make the change from the circle being ticked, as create new - change to to create from file, then scroll and find microsoft power point presentation, this will add the presentation.

You will have this power point presentation on a page made in your blue voda webbuilder, save the page as anything you like, let's say you saved it as powerpoint - your link to this page would be http://www.sawgrassvillage.net/powerpoint.html - if you apply this link on your main page somewhere and set the target of the link to _blank it will open an independent page for your power point presentation and when it is closed they will still have your main page open like how you want it ....

Hope this helps.

I also answered your other question about power point to windows movie maker in the other thread where you posted.

To find your latest posts, click your own user name, a menu will appear and you can choose from there .... you probably know this, but just thought I'd say it anyway ... :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but now when I go to the web site "sawgrassvillage.net", Humor page (where I linked to the power point page
      all I get is page not found.
      I saved the Power Point presentation as a web page then inserted into
      a bv page and named it PPS. My link on the Humor page is http://www.sawgrassvillage.net/PPS.html but it's not working.
      Any suggestions? All my otherlinks are working just fine.
      Sometimes I feel really DAH !

Thanks
      Nora

Comment

Nora

The above method had worked for me in preview mode, but that's it.

Here is a thread so you can see the limitations I believe with power point
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...ht=power+point

I think too that some will be at a loss if they do not have power point on their computer. Perhaps your best way is to make it over in windows movie maker like we discussed in your other thread. That may work best and allow everyone to view.

Here is that thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gra...tml#post110113

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

try putting the power point in an iframe on a page - that is what i found worked for me however when page opens the viewer is asked if they want to open or save the presentation - it can just be opened to be viewed
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Okay, I'm back again. Bv says I can not put Power Point on a bv page.
            They suggest that I load a stand alone power point page to the server thought bv. I have saved the PP "alive" as a web page.
            I thought I loaded it properly through FTP manager but can't seem to link properly. The web site is "sawgrassvillage.net"
            Any idea's what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks
            Nora

Comment

When placing a PP presentation on your web site, remember that not everyone has PP installed on their computer (unless you are targeting a specific audience that you know has PP, say an office environment). One option is to provide users with the link to download PP Viewer for free.
              Try uploading the presentation as a *.pps file to in FTP and then link to it.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Okay, I got it.
                Thank you for the help.
                All is well now and my PPS files are up and running.

Thanks again
                Nora

Comment

Hi, when I save my presentation as a webpage and uplaod it to my server,
                  the page is blank when I open it.
                  Or it says page cannot be found.

Comment

Hi, this thread may help. Means downloading open office. But at least everyone will see the presentation?
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X