• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluester
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

preview in browser

while putting a page todether in bv every time I go to -file > preview in browser- to see how it looks my text alignment gets pushed around. What am I not doing? Any help?

blue
    www.salondecaro.com
    id#11961
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: preview in browser

pushed around how?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• motoxxx
      Major

• Dec 2005

A couple of things to try...

1. Extend the text area that you are typing in by dragging an edge. I have noticed that the type of problem you are describing will occur if the text area isn't quite large enough. Not sur ewhy it does this but this does seem to help.

2. Try previewing in different browsers. I mostly use Firefox but the majority of the rest of the world is still using Internet Explorer. I now mostly preview in IE but make sure my text boxt sizes are large enought to accomodate using the different browsers. This has pretty much eliminated the problem you describe.
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

• bluester
        First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

thank you! I'll try that. to clarify the problem, wether my text is justified, centered, etc. when I preview it is all out of alignment. some of it is ok some not. whole paragraphs or a centered phone # there is no real pattern to it. blue

Comment

• bluester
          First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

well I tried those adjustments. I tweaked the whole page every way I could think, but when I go to preview things go out of alignment. What am I not seeing here? blue
          id11961

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Are you putting elements too close together or on top of each other? Do you have a table that is missing a closing tag?

Unfortunately, unless the page is published, none of us can see it to find the error.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Please also check, in IE, View, Font Size. If is set to Large or Very Large, it will change your layout and especially, the alignment. However, this is something that most computers have by default set to medium ( i have it in small, in some of my computers, medium in some others) so i beleive that this is how (medium) you should preview your pages.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• bluester
                First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

that didn't solve my problem but I'm glad you brought that up as I was set at large so thank you. I think beth is on to something but am unsure how to check for those things as in what is too close together for elements?? Back to the videos! blue

Comment

Working...
                X