Copying problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying problem

Revisiting an old problem. I tried to copy all the BlueVoda files(Pages that I have created) to a CD and then transferred the files to another computer and the images are not found (or showing) on the pages. Please tell me what I should do to load up the images in the other computer from the CD. Thanks.

Allan

I don't know the answer to your question, sorry. But does the other computer have BlueVoda also?

Comment

Yes it does! That's why I am scratching my head on this one!

Allan

Comment

The reason could very well be due to fact that BV stores images in a preview folder. See my posting of today....

[img]images/icons/icon1.gif[/img] moving preview folder?

in General Support Issues forum.

I work on several sites (for self and friends) at the same time. All goes by default into this preview folder which creates masses of confusion.

Not only would I like to move that preview folder but also rename it for the project I am working on.

Norbert
        Norbert

N. Majerus
        Specialties Distributors Inc.
        Barbados, W.I.

http://specialties-distributors.com

Comment

Open up a support ticket, they might be able to give you a hand.

Good luck.
          ::Steven.H::

Comment

Yes, BV will try to reach out and grab those photos you put on your site after you take the pages remotely. The preview folder with the photos need to go with you or the photos themselves need to go with you and be in the same directory as what is stated on the photos' property dialog box.

If you right click a photo on your site (in BV) look at the path. If that path is no longer available (or changes) and you do not update it in the 'path' field, your photos will not show. If that path is not reachable your photos will not show.

This happened to me when I didn't connect my external hard drive. I hope i was correct mostly, and not too confusing.

Comment

Working...
            X