• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluester
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

print attempt causes many questions

realized you can not send attached unpublished bv. page by email for friends feed back unless they have bv. also. so I went to print it to show them in person. print preview was fine but what came out of the printer confused me(not hard). all images are "pixresized" but only half (2) printed. vertical & horizontal nav. buttons blew up huge to cover whole width of page? leaving room for 1 of 6 horiz. button & 3 of 6 vert. buttons. text stayed but position & size changed, so what I got was a printed page that looks more like a collage(wish I could show this). also it previews on browzer fine. anyway, any ideas? thank you
    blue
    id#11961
    www.salondecaro.com
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: print attempt causes many questions

Hi, I am not quite sure on the question? But couldn’t you not publish the pages & let your friends view them on line. It would be a better representation of what the end page will look like.
    If your not keen on everyone seeing the pages? Pop them in a password protected directory.

Ps. You should be able to print BV page. They come out fine on my machine with lots of images.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• bluester
      First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

I think what concerns me most is the things that distorted the most are bv. inherent(nav. buttons) this is what really pushed the page around. page is not finished is why its not published yet. I just had a color question for a friend and wanted them to take a peek.thanx

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

If you have a website - make something called - trialpage or some such - and publish to that - don't make any links to the page and don't put that page on a forum like this, but privately tell your friends to look. That way you can change what page you have there at different times to have them check it out - and they'll see the actual page.

You could also do a screen shot (of the page in preview) and send them that in an email.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

I don’t know! Trust Beth to come up with the easy solution. Experience eh.
          Must be that younger mind.

If ya not sure on the screen shot.
          1. Click on the window you want an image from, then press Alt & print screen together.
          2. Then open MS word, click on screen & press Ctrl & V together to paste it onto the page.
          3. If you want to edit the image, do the 1st part then open paint & repeat the 2nd part (Ctrl & V).

The only reason for using Alt & print screen, is that it captures the window you click on & not the whole screen. If you want the whole screen, click on Ctrl & print screen. Its just a short cut for when you are working on mutiple open windows.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

LOL Chris - I'm just used to working with people from everywhere - that's the easiest way I've found to show them what it REALLY will look like without publishing a website they aren't ready to publish yet.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• bluester
              First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

thank you all, your awesome! ended up just publishing the page to make it easier, also put a thread in the preview forum for general feedback. didn't want to publish simply because I wasn't finished thats all. the thing that got me the most though is why the nav. buttons blew up like that when printed but not in print preview???? they went from the buttons you can now see on the page to 2in X 8.5in each when printed out of bv. but the button text remained the same?
              blue
              id.#11961

Comment

• sea-fisher
                Private First Class

• Dec 2006

Hi, I am not sure of the protocol here, I am very new to partcipating in forums. I posted a question on a different thread, which unknown to me was being deliberated on this thread hence I am here.

I have read all the obvious solutions of publishing a page on a password protected directory and/or publishing on an unknown directory to let the other person see the results but sometimes you want to see how someone else has constructed their bv page to get this result. So once again if both parties have a VH account how can you send a bv page to each other by email and load it onto your own computer and make the page work as I you had built it yourself. My experience has been when you send a bv page, the other person cannot read it because the directories etc are different. Is there an easy solution please?

sea-fisher
                www.croxleyhallfisheries.com

Comment

• bluester
                  First Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Try this. Make a left at Bluevoda - tips, tricks, and shortcuts. Stop at 3rd (i think) sticky from top. How to take a snapshot of your screen, and how to add it to a message. Not sure if this is what your looking for but it's an awesome tip. If this helped it will be my first attempt finally of trying to put back and be able to help someone as I've been helped sooooo! many times.

Comment

Working...
                  X