• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rypurvis
    Corporal

• Nov 2006

help with building a site.

I wanted to build a site to compliment my present sites, Catered Vibes and Catered Vibes DJs. This new site will resemble other sites, LocalCatering for example. What are these type sites called? Can I do this using BlueVoda? Any info on the net about where to start?
    Please Help.
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: help with building a site.

Not sure what your question is. Are you trying to link several sites under one new URL?
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

You can create the looks & feel using BV & then either one of Navals forms/database or using Form maker pro that is free with BV.
      Naval could make it more bespoke for you. http://www.navaldesign.info/ But you would have to speak to him. I am assuming you want a site for making bookings for events.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• rypurvis
        Corporal

• Nov 2006

I'm trying to create a website network to help my ranking. All site will compliment the others. We are creating a ONE STOP event service. All sites will have their own url.

My new site soon will be for my services that we offer and other companies can pay to have their listing places. The site will be just for Tn services and customers. I am just trying to understand how to do it.

Thanx,
        Bob

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Truthfully, if you aren't very, very careful when doing this, you'll hurt your sites with the se's rather than helping them. Make sure you aren't repeating content from one site to another and make sure each site is important in it's own right.

In many cases you'd be much better off adding content rich pages to the existing sites before you just add more.

This decision is ultimately yours, but be sure you know exactly what you are doing because I'd hate to see it backfire on you.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• rypurvis
            Corporal

• Nov 2006

Each site, catering, DJ, bakery, florist, and event planner and a couple more, will be differant and have it's own url. I've been studying my compititon (Google search: nashville catering). Most of the sites in the search, the first 10 sites, are directories(I guess that's what they are called) and one is not. They also have multiple businesses that all link to each other. How do you think they got ranked so high?

How would I go about linking all these together to help my position and not hurt it. I don't know exactly how to do this but any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanx,
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X