• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meau
    Sergeant

• Jun 2005

escaping in HTML

This is a small problem. In fact not really a problem, except that I am pedantic. After I publish each page, I like to copy the HTML file down into my HTML editor and add a bit here and there, or remove a bit here and there, then validate it. I know it is no big deal, but a properly validated page loads faster in browsers etc. I happen to think Blue Voda is the best thing since sliced bread and its creators are absolute geniuses, so this is certainly not a comment; just a query. As it has a tendency to "escape" out of order (</font> before </a> or whatever), I am wondering if that is the answer to the one final point I cannot figure out how to validate. In the javascript menu, the line:
    var
    cm ThemeDefaultMain0VSplit = [_cm No Action, '<DIV class="ThemeDefaultMenu0VSplit"></DIV>'
    the validation report states:
    '<'+'/'+ letter not allowed here
    which I have no idea of what it is getting at. Is there another way I can write this that will be acceptable to my HTML editor? If you have a possible answer that is a bit much for the forum, please let me know at info@skin-naturally.com
    Oh, and as a suggestion for the next version (maybe not possible and really not vital), the <STYLE> element works nicely inside the <HEAD> with the addition of one little line: .note { margin-left: 21px; margin-top: 122px; } or whatever the pixels are. (Just another point for HTML validation.)
    Last edited by meau; 09-15-2005, 07:12 AM.
  • Pablo

• May 2005

Disable javascript validation in your HTML validator.
    The HTML code for the menu is dynamically generated by javascript and is only valid when rendered, not at 'design mode'.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Working...
    X