• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philipc9635
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

R.s.s

What exactly is R.S.S and its purpose and do I need to do something like this on my site. If so is there a tutorial on it somewhere????

I've seen this on a few sites.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: R.s.s

RSS is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated digital content, such as blogs, news feeds or podcasts.

If you have the new IE7 you will see that you have the RSS icon at the top of your browser to show all your suscribed RSS feeds.

Programs known as feed readers or aggregators can check a list of feeds on behalf of a user and display any updated articles that they find. It is common to find web feeds on major websites and many smaller ones. Some websites let people choose between RSS or Atom formatted web feeds; others offer only RSS or only Atom.

On Web pages, web feeds (RSS or Atom) are typically linked with the word "Subscribe", an orange rectangle, , or with the letters or . Many news aggregators such as My Yahoo! publish subscription buttons for use on Web pages to simplify the process of adding news feeds.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• scubadiver
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Aloha Jeremy, this info is really good to know. Lately when I click on someone's rss, it has shown html. Is it redundant to have rss and a blog on your website?
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• philipc9635
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks for the replies

So do I need a web feed or RSS on my site if I have a Blog????

If I need an RSS do I go to Yahoo or google or who ever to create an RSS button on my site.

I understand what you mean but not sure how to create an RSS.

Thanks again

Comment

• Jeremy
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey,

You can go to the site below learn how to create an RSS feed, but you will need a MySQL Database ...

Since you brought up the RSS feed, I will make an other post later explaining how to make it step-by-step using BlueVoda, but for now you can go to this website link above.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• philipc9635
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks Jeremy

Great info

Comment

• Charles320
              Private

• Jul 2008

Ok Jeremy,
              Went to the site you recommended. But, how do you use the RSS that comes in BlueVoda. Does it not work, and we need to do it the HTML way? All I ever get on my site using the RSS in BlueVoda, is HTML on my site if I click on the RSS icon (which is the only thing that shows on my site page)

Comment

Working...
              X