No announcement yet.

One page change affecting other pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One page change affecting other pages.

Hello Folks

No big problem with my BV website but I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

I have 4 pages with different info but using the same template.
    I've used a shape as a header bar and placed text on top of it.

When I change the shape colour on one page and publish, it shows the same on the other pages too.
    For example, I have one as a solid black and another as gradient. I tried one as a different colour completely to test it.

Anyone any idea why the change made on one page should show up on the other pages even though they have been saved and published with different shape colours?

I didn't clone the pages. I finished one as 0001 and then saved as 0002 and altered the content.

All the other info is as it should be.
    Just that shape I'm using as the header changing on the other pages.
    Weird!

Any suggestions welcome.

John

Re: One page change affecting other pages.

Yes I have had this happen to me as well ... I believe it is because the shapes have the same name ...

If you save a shape and rename it that would solve the problem ...

Naval gave a very good explanation for this in a post somewhere, if he pops in here, he will straighten you out for sure .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Saving as preserves the names that BV attributes to menubar button images and to shapes. So you have two (or more) pages that have one or more elements, that when published, will have the same name on the server. So if you change the color of the shape in one page, it will also be changed in other pages too.

Solution: create your pages with the SAve As, no problem. But, after you create the new page, if you have to change the color to a shape that is also in the original page, follow this procedure: select the shape, Copy it, Delete it, and then Paste it back to the page using the Paste Icon (not the right click icon). This, will place your shape in the page, in the excact same position where it was before. But, it will have (for BV) a new name, and you can change it's colour without problems.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many thanks Lady and Naval.

Very helpful!!

John

Comment

Working...
        X