Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Up Page

Hi,
    Is there a way to create a pop up page where it pops up NOT at the beginning, but it pops up in the middle of the page.
    Let me explain it more...
    Lets say there is an article that you want your viewer to see:
    But ITS not located on the top of the page, you have to scroll down the page view it. I want the pop up to take them not only to the seperate page, but to arrive at the article.

thank you
    paul
    www.follownotrends.com

Re: Pop Up Page

Yes, there is:

1. Place a bookmark in the article page (or even more, if you want to link to different parts of the article, with different links: usually used for FAQ pages). Each bookmark has to have a unique name.

2. In the pace where you want to place the links to the article page, use some text, or a button, or an image, to create your link. Select (if it text, highlight) and link it typing in the URL field of the Link section #" onClick="window.open('articlepage.html#bookmarknam e', '','width=600,height=230'); return false;"

600 and 230 can be changed to the actual dimensions of the popup.

Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey NAvel,
      The page that i want to link to is not my page, its the local newspaper.
      How can I set a mark on their page?
      thank you by the way
      paul
      www.follownotrends.com

Comment

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.domainname.com/articlepage.html#bookmarkname', '','width=600,height=230'); return false;"

But how are you going to place a bookmark in the newspaper page ? No bookmark, no way to make the browser focus in a certain point of the article. unless, you create a page of yours, with an iframe, show the whole article in the iframe, then place a bookmark beside the frame, atc. Complicated, and ofcourse you need to change the bookmark position everytime the newspaper site changes the article.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What if I get the x and y coordinates of the location of the article. cant i tell the link to open up and jump to those specific coordinates?rather than setting a bookmark?
          thanks guys
          www.follownotrends.com

Comment

Ok, use this solution. Create a page with an I frame. The Iframe should be linked to the article of the newspaper. Make the Iframe long enough to take the whole article. No borders , no scrolling. They are not necessary if, as said, it is as big as the article original page. Now, place a bookmark over the Iframe, in the position where you want the browser to focus. Link your main page to the Iframe page with the bookmarks. It would be like having the article page yourself., and you can place bookmarks wherever you want. No bookmarks, no way to do this.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Got it Navel,,
              your saying this:
              Its imposible to do this without creating a bookmark. And Unless I get into that newpaper article myself to place the bookmark i cannot do this.
              So i have to create IFRAME and (which is like making a new page with BlueVoda) and set the book mark there...
              But that page that i make, WILL NOT have the same web url as the newpaper article. It will have mine right?
              thank you for your time
              paul
              www.follownotrends.com

Comment

Hi,
                1. Create a new page & place an iframe on it, in the top left hand corner that will have the url of the newspaper article. Pull the blue tabs on the iframe to 790,ish wide & what ever length the newspaper might be, 3000’ish (do not centre this page & select no scroll bars & un-tick the show board on the iframe.)
                2. Next bit is a bit tricky. Place a book mark where you think the article is on the page over the iframe.
                3. At the top of this page put a short bit of text & hyperlink to that book mark & preview. Click on the bit of text you created to test if the bookmark is in the right position as you are working blind. Then move the book mark up & down until that text link goes to the position you want on that page. This bit of text is just for testing & can be deleted when all is ok. Save page as article & publish.
                4. On the page where you want to see the article. Put another iframe on the page & hyperlink it as http://www.mysite.com/articles#bookmark1

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

i need to find iframe...

thanks guys for your help.
                  www.follownotrends.com

Comment