home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home page

hi im pretty new and really confused, i dont now how to create a homepage what i have now is an index with my published pages in folders what can i do, maybe its because when i publish my pages i publish them to the public_html folder but i dont know where else to publish them. please help me
    my site is www.freemoney4charity.com
    thanks.

Re: home page

You have to make your home page and NAME IT index - just index - then publish it - and you will be able to see it.

You have published these pages that I can see:
    http://www.freemoney4charity.com/wwf.html
    http://www.freemoney4charity.com/wwf2.html

I'm not sure that you want to keep publishing these - unless you're trying to figure out how to make one your home page? If so, name it index - and yes, all the pages to this website will get published to the public_html file.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

do i name it index in the page properties, title.

Comment

Once you have decided which page will be your "Main" page, in BV you will need to SAVE AS index (written just as you see here, all lower case).

Then, you need to PUBLISH it ib BV using the Publish icon in the browser, in the standard manner: do not type in anything differently than the dialog box comes up as. It should show your proper server, your User Name, and Password. Just publish it, and it will appear fine.

As far as "Naming" your pages properly, right-click on the page in BV, and go through the entire Page Properties box (each of the Tabs) filling in Page Title, Key Words, Author, Page Descriptions, Meta, etc. Then, re-SAVE and Publish.

>> Think of a website as being just like a book: it has an "index" to show you all the contents and how to find everything, and all pages are "bound" together accrding to the navigation (the linking) that you have established. Without a single (a book only has one) index, the server does not know which page to start with, and then only follows the string of logically sequenced commands you provide....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Very Welcome, my friend!

Good VodaWebbing!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment