Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Button that will bring a media player to page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button that will bring a media player to page?

Hi... How would I set up a button on my page to bring up a media player (to a preset location on the page)... where the player then loads up... Thanks Doug

Re: Button that will bring a media player to page?

Using an Iframe. Have a look at this example that i had created for a (not here any more) forum member: http://www.navaldesign.info/Deamonox/musicindex.html for mp3's and http://www.navaldesign.info/video.html for video.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval... This "musicindex.html" with the Q-time player is exactly what I am looking for....Is is possible to incorporate it in Soho... so I can then offer mp3 downloads? Thanks again .. Doug

Comment

Hm.... not sure. Soho doesn't support i frames . You would need to create BV pages for that. I'f i come up with something, i will let you know.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok Naval.. Thanks for the I-frame advise.. I will also look into Soho's Forums for more info...Because.. Bvsite1.com/preview.. to PayPal.com/checkout..to sohosite#2.com/download... seems lika a lot of data transferring around.. Thanks again... Doug

Comment

You can also popup the page with the player . And, i'm also certain that you can place a button or other link in Soho pages, that will simply popup pages built in BV with the player.
            Navaldesign

Comment

I will be looking into all of this... in more detail soon...
              Thanks for all your help..Doug

Comment

Naval... Thanks ..Double Thanks... I have that I-Frame mp3 preview/player
                figured out and working well... Enables me to move it into different designs... Again thanks... Doug

Comment

Hi Naval... My I-frame presentation of mp3 music previews works perfectly as you descibed...But ... the musicplayer.html is easily veiwable as it's own page (from right click page source info) as http://www.mysite/musicplayer.html....
                  Is there any way to present the music in this I-frame format but prevent the musicplayer.html from being viewable??? Hummmm... Please Advise... Thanks... Doug

Comment

I beleive it can be done using the trick described in "Single menu page with BV and php" in the tips and trics. I have to give it some thought
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Ok Naval.. I'm looking more into this also...Maybe some sort of call up from a protected directory...my best guess is utilizing php... Which I know nothing about...but will investigate... Thank You... Doug

Comment

No, if this works, it doesn't need to be inside a protected folder, as it is a php function itself. If someone visits the source page,( by viewing the code) he will only see a blank page. However, email me, i'll look into this for you.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X