• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opportunity
    Private

• Nov 2006

RSS Feeds

I have read a few comments related to RSS Feeds.
    However I have not found anything on this issue in VodaHost Tutorials.
    I would like to know if it is possible to use RSS Feeds on VodaHost sites and how.
    Best Regards,
    Jose Damaso Ramon
    Hello VodaHost friends.
    I am Jose Damaso Ramon and I am new to Vodahost, so I have everything to learn.
    Sure I am most eager to learn from you and also participate with my opinions.
    Best regards,
    Jose Damaso Ramon
  • Charles320
    Private

• Jul 2008

Re: RSS Feeds

Hi Private,
    I have found that you can put an RSS Feed, but not sure how to make it work. There's an icon on my left side of the screen that looks like an orange box with radio waves going up/right. That's the RSS. Open it, and you can put your information that you are wanting, but unfortunately, that's as far as I get. When I try viewing my page, all I get is the RSS icon. If you find anything else out, please let me know.
    RSS Feeds are (in my opinion) crucial to a web site. The search engines will tag your site more often when you use them. Therefore giving you more FREE traffic to your site.

Comment

• zzzmuzz
      First Sergeant

• Dec 2007

IT really ANNOYS me that I have done this before years ago and it worked fine. In those days it was just a matter of pasting code into an HTML box and there was new content from my chosen site every few days.

Now, whenever I go to find out about RSS I get a bunch of options for News readers which are not, I think, what I want. Another option on a site I am looking at provides for View Feed XML to embed on a web page. I click on that and just a Live Bookmark (I am using Firefox) pops up. Again, not what I want.

Another option is "Embed this content on your site" using SpringWidgets. I went to the SpringWidgets site but still not sure how to put this on my sites . I am using Blue Voda.

HELP!
      Cheers,
      Muzz

Comment

• zzzmuzz
        First Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Perhaps I dont need RSS at all. I want a full content feed for my website eg the content provided on this page http://feeds.feedburner.com/worldhealth_full

But how to get it????
        Cheers,
        Muzz

Comment

• azadlabony
          Private First Class

• Jun 2008

I am very new in forums. I am designing a website http://www.buystuffs.co.uk
          I never have or had any idea about web design or some ideas, like RSS feed.
          could anyone tell me plz:-

1) What is RSS feeds and Why we need this?
          2) My web will be a business website, will it be helpful for my business.
          3) Evern if it is helpful, then how to insert data in to RSS feeds or create data for RSS feeds or else how to gather data for it?

I will be appreciate if you help me out about this.
          Thanx

Comment

• Boishakhi1415
            Private

• Jul 2008

Dear friend,
            Iam very sorry, that what can i do with this site & how can i benifiterd.
            thanks to you
            Boishakhi1415

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

I have asked for some RSS tutorials recently and this has been promised within the next week or so, so watch this space!
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
              X