How do I create download area (with password protection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiia
    Corporal

• Feb 2007

How do I create download area (with password protection)

Hi,

How do I create a download page with Bluevoda?
    And how do I create a membership page, with password/username?
    How much downloadable material you can put into this download page under their links?
    How do you get the downloadable material (software) under the links of that page? By saving, but how and where..?

Thanks in advance if somebody can help me!

Kiia
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: How do I create download area (with password protection)

Depends. Is that going to be a paid for download ? if yes, the best way would be to have the following:

1. A script that will allow you to upload the files in a database.
    2. A Payment page: the visitor selects the files he wants, then he goes to PayPal to pay.
    3. Returning from PayPal, he gets to a page where a script will verify if he has payed for what he has ordered. If yes, then the script also looks if the payment is completed or pending. If it is ok, the script will display in the page the links for downloading the pages directly from the database.

A username / password loggin is required to make protected pages. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• dougnez
      Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi Naval... Will this same protocol work for mp3... downloads.. I've been in touch with DBTech... Will they be able to help me get all this set up for one of my sites?? As Always Naval... Thanks Doug

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes Doug, it's the same thing. And, you have mail (DBTS is my scripting company)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Kiia
          Corporal

• Feb 2007

Thanks for the answer.

Yes the downloads would be delivered after the payments done.
          But from where do I get the script?

I mean I really do not know anything about this.
          Now I have just learned to use Blue Voda to make basic webpages.
          With any other things than publishing a single basic page (homepage), with no extras or subpages, I'd need hand-in-hand guidance with a person who has patience..

Then I have more questions. They must sound very funny to anybody who understands these things but I don't.... ;)

I have just learned how to save as and publish a single page. That single page is the homepage to which I am about to add subpages.
          Now the funny question is, how do I name the subpage I save. For example if the subpage would be "about us" or what ever, do I save it as about_us ONLY, or
          do I have to put there some reference to the homepage. So do I save the sub page as about_us/index.htm or how? Or if I understood correctly, you do not need to put .htm ending to the name.

Which one is correct so that the browser knows that this certain sub page is a subpage for that certain homepage, and not to some other page...?
          As I am about to publish different webpages with different domain in addition to the one I have now.

Hopefully I formatted this question so that you can understand!

Then one more; How do I publish this other domain with its own webpages (homepage plus subpages)? I mean it is independent and has its own webpages, and is not connected with that domain name I put as the "main" domain to my account when I bought the hosting service.

Kiia

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes the downloads would be delivered after the payments done.
            But from where do I get the script?

This is a custom made script, which you need to purchase. If you are interested, contact me.

I mean I really do not know anything about this.
            Now I have just learned to use Blue Voda to make basic webpages.
            With any other things than publishing a single basic page (homepage), with no extras or subpages, I'd need hand-in-hand guidance with a person who has patience..

Then I have more questions. They must sound very funny to anybody who understands these things but I don't.... ;)

I have just learned how to save as and publish a single page. That single page is the homepage to which I am about to add subpages.
            Now the funny question is, how do I name the subpage I save. For example if the subpage would be "about us" or what ever, do I save it as about_us ONLY, or Yes, you simply save it on your computer as "about_us" and you publish ut.

do I have to put there some reference to the homepage. So do I save the sub page as about_us/index.htm or how? Or if I understood correctly, you do not need to put .htm ending to the name.

No, no reference to the home page or other.

Which one is correct so that the browser knows that this certain sub page is a subpage for that certain homepage, and not to some other page...?
            As I am about to publish different webpages with different domain in addition to the one I have now.

They are NOT subpages. They are independent pages, lonked together with a menubar that allowes navigation from paga to page

Hopefully I formatted this question so that you can understand!

Then one more; How do I publish this other domain with its own webpages (homepage plus subpages)? I mean it is independent and has its own webpages, and is not connected with that domain name I put as the "main" domain to my account when I bought the hosting service.

If you are talking about a second domain, this , after purchasing the domain name, has to be

1. Pointed (the name servers) to your account.
            2. Added, as addon domain, to your account.

When you add it as addon, a folder is automatically created, usually it has the same name as your new domain. ALL the pages that are relevant to this new domain, have to be published in this folder. Also create a folder in your computer, inside your BlueVoda folder, and save the pages of this second site, in this folder, so there will be no name conflicts with the pages of the first domain.

Please wach these tutorials:

For adding a new domain as addon: Adding an additional domain name to your account (add-on domains)

For pointing the name servers to your VH account: Making DNS changes in VodaHost Domains
            If you have not purchased the new domain name from VH, the procedure is similar, but you need to enter your CP with the company you have purchased the domain from.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X