• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patti Johnson
    Sergeant Major

• Jul 2005

Window Targets

Can someone help me with this problem? Using the nav bars on my site www.lifeatfifty.com, the links open in new windows and by the time you hit a couple of links as you surf the site and use the back or home button, you've got like 5 windows open. How do I correct this? Do I need to change the target on the individual links to _self? Or do I change the html code for the page itself? What's the easiest way to allow the site to flow better? Also, is it necessary to have links to all pages on EVERY page? Or just a home button?
  • pilotchip
    Sergeant

• Sep 2005

It looks to me like your links open in self already and the only popups are some small adds. Just use the default when hyperlinking, _blank will initiate a popup i think.

I have this problem too, i have to update every single page when I make one small change to my nav bar. You could have one button on each page back to your home page if you desire. I tried using FrontPage and the 'Shared Borders' but i went crazy because it's not drag and drop like BV.

Jason

Comment

• Sarah
      Colonel

• May 2005

read the below

Discussion and help related to linking your pages together with hyperlinks, standard navigation menubars, linking images, dynamic menus and Go menus.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Patti Johnson
        Sergeant Major

• Jul 2005

Thanks Sarah... I read the thread. So bottom line, is it best to leave the target field empty (as it appears when first creating a hyperlink?) or to specify _self so that page opens in existing window?

Originally posted by Sarah

Comment

• Sarah
          Colonel

• May 2005

if you leave it empty it defualts to _self

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X