• Show
Clear All
  • piperj
    Private

• Feb 2007

Center My Page

Hi,
    I'm new to bluevoda.
    I'd like to know how to center my page in a browser, so when someone views my page no matter the width of their screen my content will be centered.
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Center My Page

Originally posted by piperj
    Hi,
    I'm new to bluevoda.
    I'd like to know how to center my page in a browser, so when someone views my page no matter the width of their screen my content will be centered.
    Right click on the page background and check (tick) the 'Centre in Browser' button. Please note that this will only work properly if your page is built to 800 pixels wide.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Any width, but not more than the screen width
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• marciemayer
        Captain

• Jan 2007

I'm confused. My pages are built at 1021. Does the center page option work at this size? Each of my pages seem to be slightly off and the fade transition is not as clean as it was when I had them to the right. Should I take them back out of the center or is there a way to get it perfect?
        Thanks,
        Marcie
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

• darklight
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by marciemayer
          I'm confused. My pages are built at 1021. Does the center page option work at this size? Each of my pages seem to be slightly off and the fade transition is not as clean as it was when I had them to the right. Should I take them back out of the center or is there a way to get it perfect?
          Thanks,
          Marcie
          People that view your website at 800 by 600 are going to have alot of side scoll because you have your pages set 1021 width. The ideal width is 600.

Hope that helps

Teri

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Statistically most users our days have 1280x1024 monitors. However, i also consider that many have a side bar (like Favourites) open, so i suggest not to go beyond 1000 pixels. I make my own pages 780, but that is limiting for many sites.

The centering will work for ANY width, as long as the actual width in the visitor window is bigger than that. I have different monitors, the biggest being a 22" with 2100 pixels usefull width (i work with 3D modelling on that one) but the most common is 1280x1024.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Have to agree with Naval on this. But would say the 780/90 has to be the best around width. Even 800 won’t fit many screens without some sideways scroll.
              Worth remembering that there are millions of 15” laptop users & also tablets are becoming more popular these days.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X