• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenb
    Captain

• Sep 2006

Complete Overhaul

Hello
    I found myself in a difficult possition today as I found out late last night that the company that I have been purchasing my main product that my site has been designed around, have been bought out by it's rival and worse, they desided to discontinue my line of product.
    Luckily for me I was able to stop payment on my last order. The problems are just begining though as I am forced to close down the site.
    Here's some questions for you guys.
    1) How do I start to do the shutdown properly?
    2) How to clean up C/P to delete pages that were published?
    3) Cancel the domain and introduce a new name and password etc. (start from scratch)?
    I know at some point I will need to contact B.V. for more instructions but I thought I would start here first. Thanks for your help. kenb
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Complete Overhaul

I would NOT shut down the site (unless you have copyright problems with the company). If you are going on with your job, always with bicycles, you should consider creating an index page that will redirect the visitors to your new site (which you can add as addon domain in the same account). It's your site, you have gained some traffic, and would be a pitty losing it (unless, as said before, that would create law issues).
    Just diasble the menubar links, and delete the other pages.

If however you want everything canceled, submit a support ticket asking VH to reset your account. In the same support icket, ask them to change the domain name associated with your account, to the new one, if you have already found it. I beleive there is a small charge for this.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• davidundalicia
      General

• Mar 2006

To Start with, you could always publish/upload a blank index page which will make the rest of the site invisible(no links to other pages)
      or put a meesage on the opening page without any links !!!

If you have ftp access, you could always delete everything as well.....
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• kenb
        Captain

• Sep 2006

Thanks guys for showing me some options. I really need to think about my next moves carefully as to not loose the traffic gained so far. How quickly things change. I'll keep you posted.
        I am sure I'll be asking for some guidance again soon. Thanks kenb

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Is your domain name tied into that particular product? If not, there is no reason to change it - but instead, you want to re-do the pages. And any page names you can keep - you want to do also, because they are already found by the se's.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X