The only thing holding me back...pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing holding me back...pls help

Hi everyone. I have designed a webpage for selling musical instruments. The problem I am having is on the page where I am going to list my inventory. When I get a new piece of inventory in I would like it to be a the top of the page. How do I place it there and push everything else down? I don't know how to make more space at the top of the page. If someone has another idea of how I could list the inventory I'm happy to hear it. I really want to get this thing started but I'm getting a little frustrated. Can anyone help?

Is this the right place to ask this question, or is there a beter forum to get it answered?

thanks,
    Phil

Re: The only thing holding me back...pls help

Hi Phil - I deleted the other post as it's a duplicate. And there is no other before tonight with this request.

It's going to be hard to help you with this without seeing how you're building the page. Because you put this in the BV forum, I'm guessing you're building this site in Blue Voda? If so, you could easily click on all the items below and move them down, making room for the new one.

Without seeing the page, I'm hard pressed to give more specifics.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I tried selecting everything and moving it down but it seems to get messy. Things (pics, text, grirds) get all out of alignment. you say you can't really help too well without actually seeing the site. How can I let you see it? Do I need to publish it through bluevoda for you to be able to see it. If so, wouldn't other people on the internet get to view it in it's uncompleted form. Let me know.

Thanks,
      Phil

Comment

There are two ways i beleive, but then it all depends on the way you have built your page. So i am only talking theoretically:

1. Using a form. Yes, a form, though it might seem strange. Let me explain:

when, in a page, you insert a form, and then place elements ON the form, BV automatically places thode elements between the <FORM> and </FORM> tags. They become part of the form. So, if you select the form, and move it (Do NOT select all the items on the form, just click on the form itself) all of those elements are also moved with the form. Following this way, everytime you need to add a new item, you can move the whole form down, then stretch it upward, to make space for the new item, and you're done.

Of course this form will have no submit or other buttons or fields.

2. Using a table. You create a table, and place each item in a table row. When you want to add an item, you can click on the table, place your mouse inside the first cell, right click, and ADD ROWS ABOVE.

This will add a new row and you can place the new item in it. The whole table will resize automatically downwords, with all the contents.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have tried the second way, with the table. For some reason when I try to add rows to the table it doesn't do anything. I can add columns to the left and right but the rows up and down never work. I don't know why. Any thoughts.

Thanks,
          Phil

Comment

It works for me. But, you need to click first inside the first row, then right click to add the row above
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yeah, I've tried it many,many times. I can add coloumns to the right but not rows above and below, where I need them. Arghhh.

Phil

Comment

i suggest
                http://www.rampshack.com
                Sliced/Coded/Manged
                Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

opps sorry about first post i hit enter with my broken hand not even joking.

i suggest use a gallery of some sort and just intergrate it into your site instead of changing the whole design just add the new item and descritpion with out even opening blue voda and going through the hassle. it is as easy add new picture find the file browse and type your description if you like this idea i can get this done for you just tell me i check these forums regulrly.
                  http://www.rampshack.com
                  Sliced/Coded/Manged
                  Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

Josh, I would love some help with it. Let me know what you had in mind.

thanks
                    Phil

Comment

Working...
                    X