• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmboyzim
    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2005

FTP Time Out

Hi Again, Still haven't determined what the problem is with my file disappearing in the FTP uploads section, but I do have another question about FTP. Is there any way to get around the FTP "Timing Out" or disconnecting while I am uploading zip files? Some of the files are large and take a bit of time, but FTP disconnects and the process has to be restarted. Very frustrating! Thanks for any ideas...
    Sincerely
    Farmboyzim
    www.farmboyzimsflightsims.com
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim
  • farmboyzim
    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2005

Ftp T/o

BTW, I have tried going into regedit and increasing the time out length of time. Still shuts down too early.
    Thanks
    Farmboyzim
    Sincerely,
    Farmboyzim

Comment

• Pablo

• May 2005

BlueVoda was not designed to upload zip files.
      Please use a seperate FTP utility (like BlueFTP) to upload your zips or other large files.
      Forum Moderator
      BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

• farmboyzim
        Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2005

Hi Pablo, There was no problem with the other files being uploaded. Was I using Blue FTP before the upgrade to 7.5 without knowing it? Didn't have this problem before the upgrade. "Please Note - If you are using BlueVoda to build your website, The below software is not required. BlueVoda has a built in FTP client." I'm going to tools, FTP Manager, and connecting. The above quote is from the help page. Is this not "Using Blue FTP"? Thanks Pablo...
        Sincerely Farmboyzim
        Last edited by farmboyzim; 09-25-2005, 05:47 PM.
        Sincerely,
        Farmboyzim

Comment

• farmboyzim
          Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2005

A bit more info for you...

When I try to delete the files that I was uploading using Blue FTP, I can plainly see that the files are there, but the trace window says they are not and that I an not delete them for they do not exist. I'm sorry, but it seems that since I downloaded the new version, 7.5, I have had nothing but problems. I have checked the url links, I have checked spelling, I have created new folders to upload to, and the same problems are occuring. If I could get some help or suggestions on this from anyone, it would be appreciated. I have missed the weekend as far as providing new files for my viewers because of this, and the weekends are the "busy times" for this type of site. It is an important part of my site. Should I revert back to 7.0 just to get things working right. Very, very frustrating! I think I mentioned before that I am using Blue FTP, if that is indeed the one listed in the Tools menu for my transfers, with no problems in the past. I have also tried to increase the "time out time" using "regedit". I have a screen shot of the FTP page, but am not sure if it is safe to display to the public, for security reasons. Let me know if it is safe, and I will provide a link to the screen shot. HELP!!!
          Thanks,
          Farmboyzim...
          Sincerely,
          Farmboyzim

Comment

• VodaHost
            General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

We have just released BV 7.5.1 Please click the below

Get the latest news and updates about VodaHost and BlueVoda here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• farmboyzim
              Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2005

Thanks

Thanks for yor reply. I started using the Smart FTP tool and had no problems. Will the update correct any of my former problems? Thanks again!
              Sincerely
              Farmboyzim
              Sincerely,
              Farmboyzim

Comment

• Pablo

• May 2005

There nothing changed to the way files are published, so I doubt that going back to an older version will solve the problems.
                The only 'new' thing about 7.5.1 that's related to publishing is that the default timeout value is now set to 120 instead of 30, so you no longer have to set is in the registry.
                Forum Moderator
                BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

• squid
                  Corporal

• Oct 2005

yea well myne ses the request to connect and logon to the ftp server could not be completed becaus the supplied password is incorrect what do i do

Comment

• Pablo

• May 2005

Get a valid Vodahost account and enter the username and password you've received from the vodahost people.
                    Forum Moderator
                    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Working...
                    X