• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garren
    Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Re: I need to learn everything about BV

Hi Scot,

You asked about google and why your not up there for your keywords but are in yahoo and msn.

This information is just what I've heard.
    Google works from the basis of a social community.
    Basically meaning lots of one way links using your targeted keywords as the link. For example at the bottom of this post you will notice the words soy candles. This word links to my homepage creating a one way link but thats just one part of it. I've also heard header tags are good to use. I also beleive having links in your text to other pages is important. One thing I beleive really helps is having lots and lots of pages. Like 200 pages or so.

With that said thats just what I have heard. If you are in the top ten for both yahoo and msn (for your targeted keywords)I don't think I would be changing a thing to your pages.

I would just focus on getting those one way links from lots and lots of sites that are relative to your site. Reciprocal links are good too.
    Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Sorry, but you have mixed up some facts with supposition there, Garren!

Google is not a "social community" and works from an algorithmic methodology to present results of cached content as "results" to specific "Searches" entered by clients. That is why they are evolving from the tradtional "Content is King" model of the last 15 years, although Content (more specifically, Perfect Page Construct and Relevancy) is still foundational, to the more accurate "Construct" premise, and the introduction of the Perfect Page is the natural place to start...... >> Plan ahead, doing everything right the first time, as previously cached pages remain a very long time, despite the belief that they are "overwritten" as in BV!!! LOL Anticipate the next level of scrutiny...

Using your Key Words as "links" is not a sound strategy, as all SE's favor hard content above all other elements, and then assign value in accordance to relevancy (there it is again!). Links, per se, are contributary if they are demonstrably interior navigational links to hard-link Content, and then must be used sparingly. (Read in here: Interior linking can be a positive, but Key Word links are more detrimental than leaving them alone to provide the hard-construct of your overall relevancy: keeping key content to under 1000 characters on your Main/index page is best, and some self-proclaimed experts swear that no more than 300 is preferred).

Having lots of pages means nothing, and can actually be detrimental to proper caching and ranking. Forget about the number of pages....think along the lines of very carefully composed "paragraphs" and each being so precisely linked and content-constrained that their "relevancy" rises as the strong "theme" it was meant to be. If you try to keep on the paragraph model, you will generally have a more tightly composed, briefer, and more precise Content as a result......rather like editing an entire page to 3/4 or 1/2 of a "typical typed" page.
      *Again, this is an area of debate for "gurus" as sites will not be completely spidered (cached) unless instructed and those instructions are simply navigable by the bots via the use of a site mapping device/script, and the opposite perspective of offering visitors more precise navigation at the expense of a large Menu has not been resolved either. Truly, it needs always be more of an agreed emphasis on BALANCE, and then within the Perfect Page Construct!

Reciprocol Links......Hmmmm.... Well, yes they can be good, for certain types of websites. Unfortunately, they will always be seen by the bots as "one-way" exiting links, and will not add to any possible elevation of Relevancy, rank, or cache depth of your site. However, if they are links on another's site linking to yours, and that site is of similar type and contrent derivative, then you will gain some rank value. *That is why requests are made selectively for reciprocol link placements, as they benefit each nearly equally, and should be regularly reviewed to eliminate those with less than desirable traffic-to-rank value contributions (lose the links to sites that languish, and get another to replace it from a site on par or slightly above your own).
      If you have a perponderance of construct on Interior linking, and more than just a few Reciprocol links, then you are floating a boat with too many holes in it!

Pay Particular Attention to the Core Foundations:
      1. Perfect Page Construct (everything from minimal odd shaped objects, to optimal image files, to perfect alignment, and hard-content relevancy, etc.)
      2. SEO prepared....(we can only do so much using BV, so every detail cannot be ignored whatsoever)
      3. Site logistical development (content composition, site mapping tools, threaded links, etc.)
      4. Overall Relevancy (not just Content and Key Words, but also in the back-end: of carts, forums, and even HTML sites --- too much sloppy coding can kill a beautifully designed and "optimized" site!)

And, I must include the fact that all of the above is simply "in my opinion" even though it is based on my experience......
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ScotGuide
        Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Thank you Vasili. Sorry I havent responded but I was in London and just got back... I've been doing everything posible to stay on the right track. I downloaded a couple of page rankers and have actually contacted google otself and we're trying to first understand what they said and then put it in to action.
        scottishdreamtours.com

Comment

• ScotGuide
          Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Hello from Scotland. I just had a chat with a web page designer and found out that spammers use your form page to send out spam mail with your address on it. Is this true? how can I protect myself from it? I heard something about a PHP? and some different things that you would need to add to your forms page. Can anyone explain it to me in common everyday talk? LOL Thank you guys
          scottishdreamtours.com

Comment

• ViolentShampoo@gmail.com
            Private

• Jul 2007

Please someone anwser me!! How do you start a forum on this website? am I just that blind that I'm missing the button? please help!

Comment

• Jacksparrow_6
              Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Top site.

Well Done!

Was it all done using BlueVoda products?
              sigpic
              Jacksparrow_6

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

What website are you referring to?

(And does your post relate to this thread?)
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X