Help with coloured text boxes etc-please anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loucroft
    Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Help with coloured text boxes etc-please anyone?

Hello all

I'm fairly new and posted this question on Monday but it's dissappeared - I wondered why I hadn't had any comments!

This is a basic thing but I can't seem to fix it myself or find answers in the help sections so wondered if anyone out there could offer me a bit of their knowledge!

When I enter text into a text box and colour the background it looks fine in the builder but when I preview it, the colour around the text is missing and is just white, making it look a bit daft!

Can anyone guide me so that I can have a coloured text box OR a coloured shape behind my text without this happening.

Really good bit of kit isn't it! I'll be looking to get this hosted soon, prices for tri-annuall are wonderful!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Louisa
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Help with coloured text boxes etc-please anyone?

Hi, top of BV you have 2 drop down boxes. One with an A with a colour underneath to change the colour of the text & to the right of this, another dropdown box to change the background.
    Highlight your text to activate these 2 boxes. Click on the right one & select “reset background” It should be clear now??
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Robert
      First Lieutenant

• May 2005

okay, this annoyed me quite so many times that I now have to check a few things to make sure it doesn't happen.

always remember that the text box ITSELF has the option to change the background color...which is for the entire box..separate from text.

the text within the box also has the option for background color..for just the text

also, the PAGE PROPERTIES lists the default text color and page background....usually this has nothing to do with the problem, but sometimes......it has for me once...only, lol.

if you are copying and pasting text into the text box, it's best that when you are finished....double-click the text box so the cursor is showing and active....go to Format>Remove Formatting from the menu and then select outside the text box or select another object. Then "Right-click" the TEXTBOX and change the background color to what you want.

you can then double click the textbox and make changes to the font size and type and color....BUT MAKE SURE ITS THE FONT COLOR AND NOT FONT BACKGROUND COLOR. otherwise you can reset the font's background color as Collectors-info has stated in the previous post.

Hope this helps.
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

• loucroft
        Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Thanks to you both, Robert and Collectors-info, for your fast help.

It's a bit frustrating!! I've tried your advice and it's not working but I'll keep trying and see how I get on. How annoying, it was all going so well!

Lou

Comment

• loucroft
          Private First Class

• Feb 2007

Noooo - I've done it! Thank you ever so much!!

This builder seems so easy that it's too good to be true! At this rate it'll be live in a few hours!

Thanks guys

So what sites do you have? Interesting to know what everyone does.

Lou

Comment

• Dori
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Glad you have it worked out Lou...
            Chris and Robert are pretty handy to have around!
            If you want to check out their sites you will see a link in their signature section, just click on it.
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Working...
            X