• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mia21212
    Corporal

• Feb 2007

page properties questions

1. Does the page title have to be the same name that you name the page when saving?

2. I'm not sure what I should put in the page description. Should I basically try to summarize the content of the page?

3. And for author, should I put my name or leave it blank? Why or why not?
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: page properties questions

Hi.. about 1) The page title need not be the same as the page name 2) Yes you can put in page description as you prefer.. brief is better 3) Yes you can place you name .. but keep in mind nothing is private in this internet world.. if you wish to have your name viewable .. so be it .. I prefer a pen name ... and I'm not quite sure about but I do believe that search engines can and will read the page name, description and author... Doug

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: page properties questions

Personally, I believe if the name isn't real, it can be discovered and you can lose credibility - however it depends on what your website is about, etc. If you're talking about the author of the site - that you can always use the company name, also.

Back to #1 - your title should NOT be the same as the page name unless the page name is also the best keywords used on that page.

2. Your description should be short and interesting - like a short blurb advertisement.

For some good basic info on SEO - here's a free ebook:
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X