• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patti Johnson
    Sergeant Major

• Jul 2005

phpbb Forum

Not sure if there's a better place to post this, but here goes. I installed the phpbb from fantastico, set up the forum categories and THOUGHT everything was working fine. I just went to check it today as a "user" and found that after I registered, a window appears that says something like... Thank you for registering. Your account has been created. You may now log in. Click here to return to the Index. When you click, it comes up with the error page, "cannot find page". I checked the url address for this link and it shows www.lifeatfifty.com/index.php. Also, I got out and went back in testing the login and when I put in my username and password, then clicked "login" it took me to another "cannot find page". The url for that appears to be www.lifeatfifty.com/login.php. Apparently there's something wrong. I do see the login.php file in cpanel, but not the index.php file. Can someone who has installed phpbb before please help with this? Was there something else I was supposed to do after setting up the forum? Disappointed... I thought it was working OK. You can check out www.lifeatfifty.com and click on 50's forum. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Patti Johnson
    Not sure if there's a better place to post this, but here goes. I installed the phpbb from fantastico, set up the forum categories and THOUGHT everything was working fine. I just went to check it today as a "user" and found that after I registered, a window appears that says something like... Thank you for registering. Your account has been created. You may now log in. Click here to return to the Index. When you click, it comes up with the error page, "cannot find page". I checked the url address for this link and it shows www.lifeatfifty.com/index.php. Also, I got out and went back in testing the login and when I put in my username and password, then clicked "login" it took me to another "cannot find page". The url for that appears to be www.lifeatfifty.com/login.php. Apparently there's something wrong. I do see the login.php file in cpanel, but not the index.php file. Can someone who has installed phpbb before please help with this? Was there something else I was supposed to do after setting up the forum? Disappointed... I thought it was working OK. You can check out www.lifeatfifty.com and click on 50's forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

Your installation is a little incorrect, your files are in your site's root folder. When you install phpBB through Fantastico, you're asked to specify a directory in which it will reside (i.e.: Forum, or Message Board or whatever you want to call it),. Fantastico then creates the directory you specified and installs the software there. What I would do is go to the Administration Panel on your forum and do a database backup. Then, uninstall and reinstall phpBB taking care to name the folder when prompted. Once you've reinstalled, you can restore the database backup so that you don't have to recreate all your forums and so on.

I have a fair knowledge of phpBB, so if I can ever be of assistance, just post here or shoot me an email.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
    X