• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lincoln
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Use Blue Voda to write book as ebook pages

My website was designed by bluevoda and is hosted with vodahost.I intend to compile ebook using either ebook starter editor or ebook gold compiler to compile ebook written by other html editor or preferably by blue voda. Please advise if I would use Blue voda to write book pages in the form of web pages or/and save these pages in html in a fresh folder. This folder with all its file would then be compiled into .exe file using the above said ebook softwares.The compiled ebooks is to be uploaded to my website as ebook.Potential purchaser can then download the ebooks from my website.

lincoln
    www.xuankong-liufa.com
  • Mook25
    Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Re: Use Blue Voda to write book as ebook pages

I'd say you can create the ebook pages as webpages using bluevoda, I don't see why not. I'd create a seperate folder in the file manager that way you know where all your pages are then run it through your ebook compiler once you're done.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

You might consider writing your ebook in word and converting to a pdf format, you then upload your pdf file via your ftp manager, and link to it from the web page you create in blue voda, the user then downloads the pdf. A pdf format would be best as no alterations can be made to your text. You can make a cover for it too.

Have a look here

This will give you an idea of what I mean by this ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
        You might consider writing your ebook in word and converting to a pdf format, you then upload your pdf file via your ftp manager, and link to it from the web page you create in blue voda, the user then downloads the pdf. A pdf format would be best as no alterations can be made to your text. You can make a cover for it too.

Have a look here

This will give you an idea of what I mean by this ....
        Hi Lady, off topic a little! When you use the free program for your pdf books, is there a trick to getting the url links to work in a document? I noticed when I make a pdf of a word doc or a web page that have url or mailto: links, the links don’t work after I have converted to the pdf. But! Yours seem to work fine. Any ideas.
        PS. Only an idea, but your download book might be good to have your affiliate with VH attached to the links in the book.

Cheers.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Collectors-info
          Hi Lady, off topic a little! When you use the free program for your pdf books, is there a trick to getting the url links to work in a document? I noticed when I make a pdf of a word doc or a web page that have url or mailto: links, the links don’t work after I have converted to the pdf. But! Yours seem to work fine. Any ideas.
          PS. Only an idea, but your download book might be good to have your affiliate with VH attached to the links in the book.

Cheers.
          Hi Chris ... Great idea there, I didn't want to seem you know, but I suppose, why not? right? Thanks for that ...

Yes there is a trick, which I found out after I had made it and the links didn't work, lol

When typing in your word program, you have to insert the link as hyperlink, just kind of the same way we do in our builder ... because otherwise, it doesn't work ... I didn't try hyperlinking just a word, because I wanted those links visibly seen, but I suppose that would work too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• VodaHost
            General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

This all depends on the PDF compiling software you use, some PDF compling software has the abilities for you to create live hyperlinks and some does not, more times than not the free compilers do not have live hyperlink capabilities, if you know of a free compiler that has live hyperlink capabilites, please let us know.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• VodaHost
              General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Click the below, Adobe is offering a free trial....

Adobe PDF converter is the best on the market.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hello General

This is the one that I have used and am able to insert the hyperlink and it becomes live ...

Downloaded by 30+ million users. Get Nitro’s PDF converter and quickly convert to PDF from 300+ file types. PrimoPDF - the 100% free PDF creator!

It is the one I posted under other software in the forum.

I have had success with this, simply by using microsoft word and inserting the url via insert hyperlink, the link is then an active link which you can click and go to the url in question.

The converter actually works as though you are going to print.

You simply go to file, print and choose the primo pdf converter, and it is super fast ....

You can see the links active in my simply blue_voda_tips
                which I have prepared in a downloadable pdf format via this method

And I should mention again, this is a free pdf converter with no ads, it is not a sample or a trial ... Totally free for life ... well is anything free for life, lol

I should also mention again, the link to learning how to create ebooks, and a few free sample covers ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                  Hi Chris ... Great idea there, I didn't want to seem you know, but I suppose, why not? right? Thanks for that ...

Yes there is a trick, which I found out after I had made it and the links didn't work, lol

When typing in your word program, you have to insert the link as hyperlink, just kind of the same way we do in our builder ... because otherwise, it doesn't work ... I didn't try hyperlinking just a word, because I wanted those links visibly seen, but I suppose that would work too ...
                  Hi Lady, still no joy? Can you do me a favour & click on this link to see if it opens at your end & its not my browser playing up. http://www.webbiesite.com/t11.pdf

I seem to get similar problems with this one as well. http://www.webbiesite.com/wh.pdf But with this one, when you scoll down the links, some links seem to work & some don’t. Strange.

Many thanks.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Viewing, searching, and saving PDFs / Viewing PDFs
                    Restrict URLs and attachments in PDFs

Reader warns you any time you try to open a URL (web link) or a file attachment that uses a disallowed file type. URLs and disallowed file types (for example, EXE) are potentially dangerous because they can transfer or run programs, macros, or viruses that can damage your computer.
                    You can allow Reader to contact specific websites by adding those URLs to your list of allowed websites in the Trust Manager preferences. Remove any URLs you no longer want to visit. To open file attachments in Reader, you must respond to a prompt by indicating that you always allow files of that type. The attachment’s file type is then added to a list stored in the registry. If you want to restrict a file type that you permitted in the past, you can reset this list to its default settings in the Trust Manager preferences.

When you click on this link http://www.webbiesite.com/wh.pdf and then go to this link

you should get a security warning, click help and there is where you go to configure ...

This came up for me once, the 2nd link after I clicked, and went into it, I was able to click on that link ...

The first url you posted, once inside, I was not able to click either of those two links ....

Might be something you need to configure, I know a few months ago, I did configure for myself .. that may be it.

I am going to try just a quick pdf with a link, just to make certain I am not missing a step ... In the meantime, see if you can configure yourself with the pdf ... thingy above .... and adobe acrobat 8 is out, so I'll bet maybe that has something to do with it as well, updates, updates, updates, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Okay Chris

Check this out, you need to actually use the url ... you cannot link the words

So maybe that is the mystery ... and like I said, I didn't try linking words, only used the urls ... but you will see this works if you use the entire url ..
                      That would explain why your second link worked, but then with the testing words, it did not ... right ... confuscious say, confusion fun!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Collectors-info
                        General

• Feb 2006

Well done Lady! Its all perfect now. As you mentioned, if you type the text on the word document as a hyperlink, it works fine. If you try to cut & past or use the insert or hyperlink symbol from the tool bar in the word doc, it won’t work.
                        This one of yours worked fine http://www.ladyeye.net/chrissample.pdf. But the text link wouldn’t work. At least we know what not to do. lol

Lincoln! Sorry! I feel like I have hijacked your thread. But at least we now we have a free pdf that works with hyperlinks now.

Thanks to all.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Obi1
                          Private

• Dec 2006

I also have a Ebook Gold question. I created my ebook using Blue Voda with the intention to convert the pages to html. I have not yet used Ebook Gold to convert the pages into an ebook and I have not launched the ebook. Since Blue Voda files are .bpv, will I have a problem?

Also, I have another website that I was going to use to market and sell the book. Now I am aware that I will need a Voda Host website to launch the ebook once it is compiled. Can anyone tell me the best way to make my existing website and the Blue Voda site (ebook) work together?

Comment

• MALIK TARIQ HAMEED
                            Private

• Jan 2009

hi i wanna know that as i made first page and i made a section for e.g wallpaper. i can easily easily enter the link of any site related to wallpapers.when visitor click on wallpaper they will enter directly into the site whos link i added.
                            but now what i want is that i want to add link of my own created page so that when visitor click they enter login to mine created page but how can i do this i don't know
                            so if any have any idea about that plz reply me. heres my id on
                            (dagr8tariq on gmail.com)

Comment

Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2009

Hi

I really am a Newbie and I've only just finished the site to sell an ebook, so I can only give you my own experience from looking into a lot of ebooks, which all seemed to use word with either Arial or Verdana (size 11), with a line spacing of 1.5 (just use the format and pick 1.5, and you can change the spacing just by highlighting, going to format, and click 1.5). The extra line spacing gives the reader more "white Space", which is less tiring on the eye.

I didn't add hyperlinks to pages in the book, but I did enter URLs, which seemed to come up every time if I hit the return immediately after the URL, and they stayed up when I hit the back delete button to return me and then just carried on writing.

I converted the book to pdf using the free downloadable Primo pdf, where you just click on file in word, then click print on the drop down box, which then brings up the main print box, go to the top window where it shows your printer, click on the arrow at the side, which will bring down all printers you have and Primo, click on Primo, then print, which will bring up primo and your options, click on ebook, click on security enter a password, and click on read only, then hit print.

The ebook pdf should save on desktop, with a microsoft word title under, which you can change by double clicking (keep title very short and low case e.g named mine sgp1, and you can then upload the renamed pdf to your website through FTP manager.

You can check the URLs work in the pdf before you upload, which I did, and found they worked very well.

Hope I don't sound too long winded and know it all, but I know what a struggle I had to write mine and get it to website stage

best of luck

Comment

Working...
                              X