• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjfoster
    Corporal

• Mar 2006

Contact Form Submission

Hi again ... it's been a while ;)

Our Contact Form (Ask A Question) has been working just dandy until recently - had quite a few inquiries this past year. But now, although the submission says "successful" the email isn't coming through to our email inbox at all. Funny thing is that when I test it with my personal email address it works 100%. What' different? Could it possibly be a problem with our ISP perhaps?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks a ton! CJ
    www.pacificpride.us
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Contact Form Submission

Yes, it may be your ISP blocking the email.

ISPs are from time to time changing their spam filters. The newest filters, look at all the email headers, to see if they are there or not. If they are missing, the block the email considering it spam. This is just an example, not necessarily your case.

Another case would be that your email account (the one used by the form) has some problem.

Check first if the email account is ok, then log into your ISP's webmail, if he provides one, to see if the form submissions has finished up in the spam/junk folder.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cjfoster
      Corporal

• Mar 2006

Naval, thanks for your reply. Our ISP tell me they haven't changed any spam filters. I also logged on to their web mail, checked the spam folder but nothing was there. I had added vodahost to our white list also.

Anyhow, our ISP say they can't me - frustration alley! I'll route the mail to my personal email address until I find a resolution. Much appreciated.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Did you check your email account ? try sending from your personal email account to the one used by the form. If it works, then, if you like, try installing ABVFP. Usually it works with all major ISP filters.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cjfoster
          Corporal

• Mar 2006

By jove I think I've got it! I first added the following email address to my "White List", then I added the address in my form script as follows:

$mailhead = "From: pioneerfuel@pacificpride.us";

IT WORKS! Have no idea why it worked without this for the past year though....?????

Comment

• cjfoster
            Corporal

• Mar 2006

...and thanks for al your help Naval. You are truly a gem!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok, then you had another issue here. The mail was blocked because there was no SENDER'S email address. Try this:

There the code should be

$mailhead = "From: $email";

because it should be the visitor's email address that is the from.

On the form, MAKE SURE the visitor's email field is named "email" all lowercase characters. Try it, you will see that it will work. (Save and republish your form after setting the email address in "email")

Or, leave the form as it is, and in the script make it :

$mailhead = "From: $Email";

with uppercase E

It was a ISP filter issue afterall.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• cjfoster
                Corporal

• Mar 2006

Naval, As usual you have hit the nail right on the head! I had 'Email' in my form field and 'email' in my script!

I changed the script to upper case E to match the form field name and tested it - 100% fixed now :)

In fact, somehow the mail was getting through before this but it always came through as Vodahost being the sender! I never thought anything of it *LOL* A million thanks!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

ISPs DO change their filters, even if they say they don't. What they ave changed, in your case, is the fact that they didn't accept anymore generic server address like the one that you have been receiving till now) but their filter needed a truelike email address or it would block the mail.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X