• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thecountrypotter
    Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Publishing to add on domain site.

Hello and help!
    I've published my very 1st site and after many hours of pulling ut my hair I finally got it right! Boy, just one little mistake.....
    Anyway, I'm very happy with it. Now I'm trying to publish my 2nd and 3rd sites and am running into a whole new set of problems.
    The "Error" nightmares! eg. error # 555 or # 550 - can't change directory/no such file or directory. I'm using the user names given (in FTP Acct. Maintenance) .
    I looked everywhere I could think of for a tutorial on this particular subject but all I could find was how to add on a domain (not to publish it).
    Do you think you could possible help me...I don't have much hair left :(
    (joking)
    Thanks in advance.
    Lorraine
    PS I host with VodaHost, and I am using Blue Voda (which I have come to like very much...the tutorials are great...except I haven't found one for this problem..yet. The direct publish is really easy once I figured everything out, at least for the 1st site :)
    Last edited by thecountrypotter; 09-30-2005, 05:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

I am Sorry, I really don’t understand what you are trying
    to say. Please be kind enough to rephrase and reformat to
    a clear and understandable...

1)First Question Goes Here.
    2)Second Question Goes Here.
    3)Etc....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• thecountrypotter
      Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Hi, thanks for your reply. It was 2 am here when I wrote and very tired...

1. I have published my 1st site, made with BlueVoda, and everything is fine.
      www.abusinessinabox.ca (this is the name I joined VodaHost with, so it was pretty straight forward) The files are stored on my coumputer in a file called "Blue Voda".

2. Now I want to publish a second site: www.thecountrypotter.com. The name servers for this have been set for a few weeks now so I know that's okay.

Question...How do I publish my add on site (made in BlueVoda) called thecountrypotter.com, to Voda Host?

This is what I've done so far, with no results...

3. I made a new folder on my computer called Blue Voda 2 to put "thecountrypotter.com" BlueVoda-made files in.
      4. I click on the "publish button" in Blue Voda, click on the appropriate server IP in the drop down box, type in username as "thecountrypotter", my password, and I leave the "public_html" folder alone .
      5. I have also used the user name "thecountrypotter@abusinessinabox.ca - that didn't work either.
      6.Well this morning I used the above methods to publish and now apparently my password is wrong.
      7.I just made a change on my "index" page of abusinessinabox.ca and published it with no problem....so the password is okay.
      8. I have already spent hours yesterday reading ALL the tutorials again, paying close attention to publishing files. I did not find anything that spoke of how to publish to and add on domain. I read about and understood how to "add " on an add on domain.

Hope you understand and can help. Thanks.
      ...Still confused,
      Lorraine

Comment

Working...
      X