editing text copied from Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing text copied from Word

Per the tutorials I prepared the text for all of my pages in Word and then copied and pasted them into the various pages of BlueVoda. And then I would edit them accordingly. Everything was working great for many pages but for the last page I was working on it would allow me to do some editing and then shortly into that process it just locked up and wouldn't allow and type of editing (spacing, adding words, moving anything around, etc.). I deleted the text and tried to copy and paste it again from Word, actually I tried doing this 4-5 times, as well as re-booting and I get the same results. I opened a previously created page and tried editing and no problem so I don't think anything is wrong with the program.
    Any ideas why this could be happening or what I need to do to fix the problem?
    Thanks!!

Re: editing text copied from Word

I don't have a definative answer for you (someone probably will,though) but I can say this happens to me when I have a particularly large amount of text I am trying to deal with. I found if I break it up to smaller pieces I don't have this problem. Might work for you..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

It is a large amount of text. Do you break it up into several pages or just copy and paste and edit smaller amounts at a time, but still end up with everything on one page?

Comment

I copy and paste it in small bits, couple of paragraphs per text box. It all ends up on a page as if it is one text box when you line it up correctly, and it is invisible to the viewer, and makes it much easier to handle.
        Incidentally as a side note I do technical writing in another life, and have this same issue while writing manuals using MSWORD. After about 80 pags or so it is really bulky, less if there are many graphics. That is why I thought to make it smaller pieces in Voda.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it shot!

Comment

That worked great. It's going to better for my site anyway to do it that way because I'm going to have links to each section of the text on that page.

Thanks!

Comment

I read somewhere that sometimes you can copy an error and not see it. when you paste it, it pastes the error as well. thats why they suggest that you dont copy and paste into your key words and that you should type them out individually. I dont know if that could have happened in your case, but it might be a possible explanation.
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Originally posted by rdcrowley
                That worked great. It's going to better for my site anyway to do it that way because I'm going to have links to each section of the text on that page.

Thanks!
                great, glad it worked
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                X